• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Butterfly.

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Butterfly is now bonded with Crystal. To see more information please visit here.

Butterfly

More pictures post 5, 10, new vid post 13, 14

20111020_9.jpg

*Age- Roughly 17 months at the time of posting
*Breed- Lionhead
*Marking- Blue Butterfly
*Sex- Male
*Vaccinated- Yes (Myxo last done in July, VHD last done in August)
*Neutered- Yes (December 2010)
*Arrived- July 2010
*Been in Foster care since- November 2010

Butterfly is a very lovely single male who is looking for his forever home. He is being fostered with me, but will eventually be rehomed through RSPCA Suffolk East, BUT, it is my responsibility to find him his perfect forever home because they deem him 'unadoptable' although they trust me to find the right person for him.

He was dumped at the Centre gates in July 2010 aged roughly 6-8 weeks. He didn't cope or thrive at the Centre so came to me at the end of November 2010 with his two brothers (he also has a different 'official' name at the RSPCA and they do not know him as Butterfly). When they felt better and developed hormones they deivorced pretty ceremoniously, and, other than a brief time being bonded with Little, he has remained alone.

He has a lovely personality, but is exceptionally nervous of noises. He is very nosey of people and very foody. He also likes to investigate anywhere and everywhere. He loves company and definitely needs a girlfriend. He's not one who is fussed about strokes, but he can tolerate them and isn't difficult to hold (although he can be on the unco-operative side when it comes to picking him up; he likes to run away :roll:). His main preference for people is to be with you and sit with you, but not be fussed.

He moved into our living room recently and is coming round very nicely. We expect that he will keep coming round and will lose the majority of his nerves (his brothers have done the same when they lived here) and also will come to be more sociable with people.

He's very quirky and has some lovely habits, like always running into the tunnel forwards, but if people are in the room he will always exit backwards, but will exit forwards if no one is in the room. He will jump up to my seat as soon as I vacate it. As soon as I leave the room he goes absolutely nuts with bunny 500s and binkies and going everywhere he shouldn't. He also has a habit of lying flat on his side, or part of his back, after a DBF and looks just like a puppy. He never seems to have grown into his big feetsies which look cute when he lies like this.

He also has a 'mane' which he styles into a side sweeping fringe, always the same way (towards his left ear). He's a vain boy!

He's mostly lived inside since being here after becoming very sad when I tried to move him outside. He has impeccable litter tray habits and is pretty good on the destruction front. His only weakness is the carpet, which he likes to tug (the small hole in my carpet was courtesy of Butterfly although he has only made this one small hole in the past 11 months) so anyone who adopted him would need to be aware that he does have this weakness. He has no fear of heights, in fact, he quite likes investigating them and is a risk to himself. He may also lead a friend astray ;)

Butterfly is sadly a dental bunny. His lower molars are slightly misaligned and he gets spurs that grow towards his tongue. He had a dental on the 10th May 2011 and had his second dental on Tuesday 18th October 2011, so we would expect that this is roughly what the gap between his dentals will be, although we do hope that we can stretch this further. So far, with both dentals, he was picked up on the very first day he went slightly off food and had no signs of any wounds in his mouth, or any of the more visible signs of needing a dental (such as drooling, weight loss, etc). If his adopter is vigilant and gets to know him and his habits, s/he will be able to pick the problems up at the same point which will prevent any unnecessary pain.

Butterfly is deemed 'unadoptable' by the rescue, and they are unable to keep him there. Thankfully, he found himself with me before any problems arose, and if I can find them a home I trust, then the rescue will allow him to be adopted out. I'm looking for a Sanctuary space, or someone who has knowledge and experience of a dental bunny and will be able to meet his needs. If it's a regular person looking to adopt them, then I will likely ask for relevant references/recommendations (such as from a vet) to ensure that they are going to have a good life, with the right person, and won't ever, EVER, be left to suffer (which is my worst fear). Given what I've been through recently, I will be fully trusting my gut instinct about anyone interested in adopting him.

In addition to experience of a special bunny and a good track record with their vet, Butterfly needs an indoor home and he needs a ladyfriend (spayed and vaccinated- unless there is a health reason not to do so, for either of those) to bond with. I would also need to be comfortable with whatever accommodation you had available. I would also likely be willing to bond (if I was able to here, and the adopters bunny was able to come).

We can meet a lot of his needs here (particularly health needs) but he doesn't have the space he deserves and he doesn't have the ladyfriend he deserves. He will have a home here for however long he needs it, but he really deserves a forever home, that can take him, wonky teeth and all.

Here are some past threads of Butterfly

Butterfly and Little looking for a home

Little and Butterfly as a happy pair

Butterflysiefly has now moved into the living room

It's a hard life being a Butterfly

And from when they first arrived

Fluffy Fosters

Can you offer this wonderful boy a home?

20111020_1.jpg

20110520_22.jpg

Last edited:
Hes Gorgeous, I'm sure he'll be snapped up :love: Can I ask why you feel a sanctuary space would be appropriate, given that his only issue is needing dentals a few times a year? :) Im sure he'll be pulling plenty of heart strings on here! X

Hes Gorgeous, I'm sure he'll be snapped up :love: Can I ask why you feel a sanctuary space would be appropriate, given that his only issue is needing dentals a few times a year? :) Im sure he'll be pulling plenty of heart strings on here! X

He's been available for adoption on here since last November, but sadly no one has been able to offer him a home and serious interest is pretty limited.

I have said a Sanctuary space or someone with experience, but the problem I have with all of this is that the rescue he is attached to PTS all dental bunnies. Had he been in their care and not in foster care he would have been long gone. The Rescue need to be comfortable with whoever does adopt him or they won't let him go, so I'm just trying to look for the best option for him. If a Sanctuary doesn't feel he meets their criteria, then they won't approach me about him, I'm sure.

I'm just trying to secure him a future, and the happy future he deserves. That's all.

Butterfly has two new habits, one cute, and one a bit silly :lol:

He has just started to come and lie with you- he doesn't like to be touched, but he likes to sleep and seek comfort from you, which is just delicious.

20111021_2.jpg

20111021_4.jpg

He has also decided that the Speckled Hen box is a GREAT place to sleep. He comes out of his cage, poddles over to the box, gets in, turns around and lies down. He then sleeps for a while, but will come out to eat his poo :)roll:) before returning to the box for more sleeps.

20111022_3.jpg

20111022_4.jpg

He even does DBFs in it!

20111022_5.jpg

And I just loved this stupid place to sleep as well.

20111022_2.jpg

:love: My mate Butterfly is still looking for his forever home. He has turned into the soppiest, cheekiest goon around. :love:

Back