• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can any rescue take 3 4 day old baby rabbits

kelly-joy

Alpha Buck
I know this is probably in the wrong section, please move to the right one, I just needed to post this ASAP.

We have been contacted by a lady in Cheltenham Gloucestershire that mother rabbit has ran off leaving 4 x 4 day old baby rabbits :( One has already died so we are keen to try to get these to a rescue ASAP. If anyone can help please email us at kelly-joy@animallifelineuk.org or call me on 07733125279

Many thanks for taking the time to read this.

Best wishes Kelly-joy and The Animal Lifeline UK Team:)

www.animallifelineuk.org

If you can't find a rescue I advise you ring local breeders and wildlife centres, they'll stand a much better chance with a foster mother

Ok, do know where I can get a list of local breeders? I have phoned a few rabbit rescues in the area but they can't help. They are putting feelers out to see if they can find anyone to help though:)

Ok, do know where I can get a list of local breeders? I have phoned a few rabbit rescues in the area but they can't help. They are putting feelers out to see if they can find anyone to help though:)

First try the BRC (British rabbit council), there aren't many breeders on their online list so its best to ring up and explain

You can also just type 'rabbits in' and your area into google, try your local freeads\preloved too

I can take them but I am too far away. I have handreared a newborn litter when their mum died, and reared 4 out of 7 of them. its not easy, but I have incubators that help.
What are they currently doing? Can you keep the temperature high enough to allow them to digest the milk? What milk are they having? And how much? how often?
Are they healthy?
The person who is currently caring for them, IDEALLY needs a 2nd person to hand them over to every day or two. This allows some sleep time....
In the absence of a 2nd person to help, you need something that will stay warm for all or most of the night. An incubator is ideal, but otherwise, microwave heat pads or electric heat pads are the way to go.
Hand reared bunnies generally need more feeds than the mother rabbit would give them. Our substitutes are just not good enough for a single feed every 12+ hours.
Contact me if you need help, but please realise i am in Weardale, Co Durham, so probably cant take them.
Jan

Panic over mum has just been caught and they are fixing the cage so she can't get back out phew , thanks for all your help though:).

Panic over mum has just been caught and they are fixing the cage so she can't get back out phew , thanks for all your help though:).

Great news! :)

It might be worth making a list of local breeders anyway incase a similar situation comes up or you find a rung show rabbit

Last edited:
Back