• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice on muesli for rabbits.

Your rabbit is very poorly. Falling over is not natural. Not eating overnight is not natural - rabbits normally nibble on hay all the time. Did you go to another vet - I know some were recommended to you? Your rabbit needs help as soon as possible, otherwise I fear the worst.

i know its really bad :cry: my mum said she doesnt think other vets will do anything differently but everyone on here thinks he should of got pain relief which i also think ..my vet was talking about liver damage and saying it could be that but surely he wouldnt of survived a week especially without pain relief?

I have no experience of liver damage, but your bun really needs seen by another vet. Poor soul sounds very poorly :(

Your bun does sound very poorly :( I really think you need a more rabbit savvy vet.

Could you start a new thread in the Health section? It's just that I don't think the members with a lot of health knowledge will look at this thread if they think it's about diet?

Sending lots of vibes xx

i know its really bad :cry: my mum said she doesnt think other vets will do anything differently but everyone on here thinks he should of got pain relief which i also think ..my vet was talking about liver damage and saying it could be that but surely he wouldnt of survived a week especially without pain relief?

Yes, a rabbit-savvy vet could well do things differently. I can only stress that your rabbit needs to be seen immediately. Has your mum seen the advice given here - she probably doesn't realise how quickly rabbits can die if not given urgent attention.

Yes, a rabbit-savvy vet could well do things differently. I can only stress that your rabbit needs to be seen immediately. Has your mum seen the advice given here - she probably doesn't realise how quickly rabbits can die if not given urgent attention.

ive told her but she doesnt think he can improve, think hes going to get put too sleep as he cant even open his eyes fully and cant move by him self.. i am in absoloute hysterics, i dont want to lose my boy but dont want him too suffer either :(

ive told her but she doesnt think he can improve, think hes going to get put too sleep as he cant even open his eyes fully and cant move by him self.. i am in absoloute hysterics, i dont want to lose my boy but dont want him too suffer either :(

Sorry - this may sound harsh but people have given you all the advice they can. It is now up to you and your mum to do the right thing.:cry::cry:

I should add that your rabbit is suffering horribly now.

Sorry - this may sound harsh but people have given you all the advice they can. It is now up to you and your mum to do the right thing.:cry::cry:

i know,i appreciate everyones advice..at the moment he seems to be in a wee coma but i know hes on his way out..looks as if hes beyond the point of pain so shouldnt be long now.im absoloutely devastated but also glad iv got my other bun too cuddle.

This must be really stressful for you. I'm so sorry that your mum won't take your bun to another vet, as it is most definitely pain relief that your bunny needs. I don't disagree with Panacur being prescribed, and some vets do prescribe Baytril routinely for stasis, but your bunny is in pain for sure.

This isn't a telling off. I do understand your situation.

Oh one more thing - do you have any peppermint tea? Cooled peppermint tea is great for bunny tummies, but you'd probably have to syringe it. Your bunny needs lots of fluids.

i know,i appreciate everyones advice..at the moment he seems to be in a wee coma but i know hes on his way out..looks as if hes beyond the point of pain so shouldnt be long now.im absoloutely devastated but also glad iv got my other bun too cuddle.

:cry: If that was my bun I'd be running down to the vets in my pjs if I had to. :cry: I'm guessing you're under 18 though and it's not up to you?

so now he is being left to die in pain yes? is this a joke? please show your mum this thread and can you not take him to a rabbit vet?

you could save him, or at least make him comfortable and pain free. this is cruelty. :cry:

i'm sorry but you need to do the right thing by him, you have to.

this is unbearable :cry:

so now he is being left to die in pain yes? is this a joke? please show your mum this thread and can you not take him to a rabbit vet?

you could save him, or at least make him comfortable and pain free. this is cruelty. :cry:

i'm sorry but you need to do the right thing by him, you have to.

this is unbearable :cry:

I agree.. Im in tears reading this!!

Profile says 18.. so old enough to be responsible

You're right, 18 is old enough to be responsible.

Nicola, currently your rabbit is suffering, hugely. This is something you could prevent (even if his life is not saveable right now). I've been there, I've done that. Through ignorance I let a rabbit of mine suffer. I even lost 5 (over a 15 month period) to an incompetent vet.

You may not feel guilt for that now, or tomorrow, or even in a year or two, or three, but there will come a time when you will realise that this could have been changed, and you will feel guilt. That guilt will stay with you every day, in everything you do. It will haunt you and follow you, and make your life very painful.

If you won't seek treatment for his sake, then seek it for your own sake.

At the very least, take him to a vets to free him from his pain and suffering. He deserves that much at the very least.

Im sorry I haven't seen this thread until now. I hope something can be done to help your little guy.

I agree :cry: please take him to a vet. Even if all they can give him now is a pain-free passing, you owe him that much. Just to leave him to die without proper treatment is neglect

You're right, 18 is old enough to be responsible.

Nicola, currently your rabbit is suffering, hugely. This is something you could prevent (even if his life is not saveable right now). I've been there, I've done that. Through ignorance I let a rabbit of mine suffer. I even lost 5 (over a 15 month period) to an incompetent vet.

You may not feel guilt for that now, or tomorrow, or even in a year or two, or three, but there will come a time when you will realise that this could have been changed, and you will feel guilt. That guilt will stay with you every day, in everything you do. It will haunt you and follow you, and make your life very painful.

If you won't seek treatment for his sake, then seek it for your own sake.

At the very least, take him to a vets to free him from his pain and suffering. He deserves that much at the very least.

Im sorry I haven't seen this thread until now. I hope something can be done to help your little guy.

I kept hoping you would post.:cry:

Back