• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anybody tried Hay for pets

No I had not even heard of it but it's always interesting finding new sources of hay. let us know what it's like if you try it! :D

I emailed them and I am getting a couple of samples sent for Oscar to try, will let you know what it's like when it gets here :)

I have ordered some samples too - I hope our buns like them! It's slightly cheaper than DFH too so will be chuffed if they like it :)

Got my samples through today, and Oscar loves the Ings hay! It's the first time I've ever seen him leave pellets in his treat ball to eat how :lol:

Will give him the Timothy and Rye hay tomorrow to see which he prefers, then probably order some :) £12 for 4.8kg including delivery seems like a really good price to me... is it?

I tried them for the first time and received my order last week. The hay is lovely and the rabbits seem to love it. I ordered the 4.6 kilo Ings Hay and its smells so fresh, also ordered some straw for bedding area. They seem very nice and answered my emails to them straight away so will be continuing to use them. Will be trying the other sorts of hay also over time.

Thanks for your replies, it sounds like you are very pleased with the hay. :D

It was recommended on a chinchilla website.

Aww so pleased he likes it!

Whats the ings hay like? Is it nice and green? Hopefully my sampels will arrive tomorrow or tuesday - I'm excited lol :oops:

I think it seems like a very reasonable price compared to other hays that I have been buying them - I hope they like it!

Got my samples through today, and Oscar loves the Ings hay! It's the first time I've ever seen him leave pellets in his treat ball to eat how :lol:

Will give him the Timothy and Rye hay tomorrow to see which he prefers, then probably order some :) £12 for 4.8kg including delivery seems like a really good price to me... is it?

Aww so pleased he likes it!

Whats the ings hay like? Is it nice and green? Hopefully my sampels will arrive tomorrow or tuesday - I'm excited lol :oops:

I think it seems like a very reasonable price compared to other hays that I have been buying them - I hope they like it!

The Ings hay is really fine and soft and green and smells delicious! :D Hope your buns like it

Can people who have had the samples/bought a big bag post a picture of some spread out hay please, so i can see what it looks like? :wave:

Cheers :)

Can people who have had the samples/bought a big bag post a picture of some spread out hay please, so i can see what it looks like? :wave:

Cheers :)

This is the only picture I have of Oscar eating it, its the Ings hay. It didn't last very long, I hope you can see it ok though!

P1000253.jpg

Aww Oscar is so cute :love::love: He looks exactly like blackberry apart from his little white nose.

My buns loved the ings hay too - they ate every last strand which NEVER happens so I was really pleased. The meadow hay went down well too but they refused the rye and timothy. I have just ordered them the 9.5kg box of ings hay and hopefully will use them instead of DFH from now on.

They have a bit on their website now about ordering samples!

I ordered a bag of Ings and a bag of Timothy and rye so I will let you know how we get on. Mine love willow warren and DFH so im hoping they love this too. i think its good to have a bit of variety as mine are very good hay eaters - plus its a very good price!
Will take some picies when I get it

if you see the 'Hay For Pets Sample; thread, started by kermit, there are pictures i put up a while ago of all 3 :wave:

if you see the 'Hay For Pets Sample; thread, started by kermit, there are pictures i put up a while ago of all 3 :wave:

ahh thank you just had a little looky and it looks fab! Im sure my buns will love it - they prefer stalky to grassy which is why I tried those 2. Did B&G like the timothy? Mine usually lovely timothy so should go down ok :D

Back