Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Letting buns free range on laminate floors!

Default Letting buns free range on laminate floors!

I let my pair have a free range in our dining room and hall sometimes!

Only thing is, they do binky like crazy, charge round, skid and slide about a fair bit

Is this ok? Or should I stop them from having the free range time?

They are outdoor buns, and have a 7x4 run thats about 2 foot high (but their binkies exceed that easily!) but the biggest 'safe' area we can let them loose is indoors....

I just wanted to know if anyone else has their buns on laminate flooring and is it safe?!
    Greyhounds make wonderful pets - so if you are looking for a new canine friend, please consider meeting one!

You certainly wont regret it - pm me for more info x

Mine free range on laminate flooring; I never had a problem.

Warren Veteran

I've never had a problem with this- put some towels or rugs down if your concerned. I sometimes have a big blanket in the middle of the room.

I should think they are safe.
    The opinions of Ambience are entirely personal- Please consult a vet regarding medical advice. Any suggestions given regarding care are personal oppinions only.

I have mine on laminate. They have a rug that they tend to do the majority of their binkys on, I imagine because they know they can get a better grip, however, they do occasionally get over excited & binky off it!!

They do skid on the laminate but seem to be able to judge how long it takes them to stop, infact, I'm sure Poppy has learnt the time it takes her to stop after running and just skids the last bit!! They do clatter about a bit and sometimes it's like a cartoon-when they try and start running too fast they don't get anywhere and stay on the spot, however, fingers crossed, they haven't had an accident to date!!

Thanks all. Think I will put down their bath mat and non slip vet bed to give them the option to binky on that....but knowing them they will insist on binkies on the wood and lots of flying n sliding round
    Greyhounds make wonderful pets - so if you are looking for a new canine friend, please consider meeting one!

You certainly wont regret it - pm me for more info x

I've never had a problem with it either. I think they enjoy it, like a human putting on socks to slip and slide

Mine don't like the laminate floor, so I've placed pet mats in their room

Wise Old Thumper

Mine wouldn't go on laminate either, & was cautious on vinyl. Perhaps some types are slippier than others. My bun has very furry feet. The fur tips his feet over to the side slightly.
    Flooding forced me to return to carpet within a month.

I'd get some blankets & rugs down for them if they're skidding. Bunnies can injure themselves very easily.

One of my buns was on laminate and not very fond of it, she was slipping and sliding all over the shop! I have found that my buns don't binky on laminate - the minute they get onto carpet of grass they go mad!
    Even if you're on the right track...you'll get run over if you just sit there - Will Rogers

Sleep tight Vinnie x

The Challenge!

All mine are on lino (or vinyl) but they rarely binky on it but they rarely binkied on carpet too Only one seems to struggle and that's Mini when she tries to run in circles round me at food time.