• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Update #200. ***URGENT*** Rabbit fight. Lots of blood. Photos.

Oh i do hope that the vets can sort out your wee man, well done for getting him to the vets, it must be tough living so far from a vets and not being able to drive!
I'll have a look tomorrow for an update on your wee man xx

I really didnt think rabbits could cause this much harm to eachother, that photo is horrific, poor boy. Now their bond will break too :(

the main thing with rabbits is shock and stress. hopefully the vets are good and will keep him going til he makes a full recovery.

Just because rabbits have fought doesn't mean they can't be together again if reintroduced properly. The problem here seems to have been mainly caused by the lack of information and buns not being neutered.

Fingers crossed for the little man. Re-bonding could go either way, as blood has been spilled. I don't think youth novels will be thinking of rebonding just yet.

If you need a spare indoor crate for when he is home I have one you could borrow.

Thankyou for all the replies. I've just phoned the vets now and he's apparently doing quite well, had a bit to eat and drink plus he's on a drip. They're hoping that he's going to be fit and healthy tomorrow so they can go ahead with the neutering ... I'm just a bit worried that that operation on top everything will be too much for him?

I'm going to take the time tomorrow to reply to all the PMs and also some comments on this thread individually but at the moment I've got a friend round whose come to take my mind off things and share a bit of wine. I'm honestly not being ignorant and I appreciate every single comment on here.

I still can't stop thinking about me tiny little man in the vets all alone though. I could kill the guy I got him from, I really could. I guess it's my own fault for not doing any investigation and just taking his word for it. I'll never forgive myself. :(

I've been thinking about him all night. I'm glad he is doing OK and hopefully he will be feeling stronger today. The vets should assess whether he is healthy before any op.

I hope you are doing OK too. Well done for getting him to the vets quickly, time is very important where bunnies are concerned.

Sending him lots of healing vibes. Keep us update on how Leo is doing.

hi, been thinking of your little one, i hope he has got on ok overnight. Sending lots of vibes x

Ive alos been thinking of your baby, hope he has had a good night, update us when you can x

poor you and poor lil guy the vets would only do the best for your lil guy and wouldnt op otherwise hope everything goes ok

Oh that photo turned my stomach :shock: Poor boy :(

But well done on getting him to the vets as soon as you could. It was obviously difficult with the travel/costs but I bet you are so glad you did considering the state the vet said he was in.

Good luck to you and your boy. I hope he responds well to treatments and recovers well x

UPDATE

Vets have just phoned. They've managed to operate. Archie has taken off his penis :( They've tried to do some reconstruction but don't know how well it will work.

Apparently he's not come round from the GA as of yet. I need to phone back later this afternoon. If he hasn't passed urine though he's going to have to be PTS. :cry:

Please can I have some vibes for my little man please. I'm such a mess right now.

Oh, I REALLY hope that he can make this.

I know of somoene whose bunny had a load of 'stuff' bitten off from that area and he was in a right mess. The vet was able to reconstruct and the bunny was fine after. I hope that's the case for Leo too.

Oh god :cry: Sending tons of vibes. Hoping and praying with everything he comes through this. Thinking of you x

Back