• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chester

Hunnybunny2007

Warren Veteran
Chester I hope I kept my promise that I made when you came home with me back in July, I said you would be the most loved and cared for housebun:love:

bunnies524.jpg

bunnies523.jpg

You had been handed into Kirkby Rescue on Christmas Eve 2008 - Beth at Brinsley Rescue told me about you and said you weren't well:( I fell in love with you and bought you home, the vet told me you were about 7 years old, you had arthritus, cataracts, and abscesses in your ears, that were hopefully dorment, as well as snuffles and we were worried as you were so thin, the outlook wasn't good, but you proved everyone wrong, and you responded to your meds which you took willingly:love:

You made us laugh when you'd run down the living room, because of your arthritus it sounded like you were riding a horse, you always liked to sit between me and Jon, and kept nudging one of us to fuss you, and you also liked to rattle the crate door to get attention as well as food in the morning :love:

One day you started dribbling and I thought not another dental bun, but no it couldn't be that simple, you had a lump in your mouth, either a tumour or abscess, we discussed it with the vet and decided to just keep you on the decopollin as we didn't think you would survive an operation, you managed fine until the last few days then we realised it had got bigger and I syringe fed you, which you took willingly.

Yesterday morning you couldn't stand up and I knew you hadn't long, you died on my knee very peacefully, we sat next to the Christmas tree so you could see the lights that you loved, you liked bright things - just before you died your legs looked like they were running and then you sighed, I hope you were running to the bridge that I'd told you about:cry:

Chester I'm so proud to have been able to care for you in your last few months, and I so wanted you to be with us Christmas Eve, to make up for last year, but it wasn't to be:cry:

I want you to know what a difference you have made to so many bunnies lives, after finding you in the rescue, I realised they needed help, and as a result of a plea I posted in September, there are now a group of volunteers that help at the rescue, and a lot of bunnies have found their forever homes with forum members and the bunnies still in the rescue have much better conditions, this is all down to you being there:love:

Today was the saddest day when we buried you:cry: We have put a lovely planter to mark your grave, sleep tight my baby, you will be forever in my heart:love:

Chestersmemorial001.jpg

Sleep tight Chester.

I am so sorry you couldnt have longer with him Sue. He was a really special bunny and you made such a difference to his life. I am sure the last 7 months with you will have been better than the last 7 yrs of his life before.

xxx

so sorry to hear of your loss:cry:.
Chester had 7 wonderful months of love:love: with you. Binky free at the Bridge Chester-sue x

I'm so sorry :cry:

Chester was a beautiful bunny and it sounds like he loved every minute of those seven months with you. His little grave in your garden is beautiful.

Sleep well lovely Chester.

Poor Chester - he was such a special bunny. I think it was fate that he came into your life. Maybe he was sent to help to improve the lives of many other bunnies that would find themselves being handed into rescues because with him you wouldn't be doing all the good work you are doing.

chester had all of his special christmases when he came to live with you. i'm so sorry he's gone:( xxx

So sorry for your loss of such a special bunny xxx

Binky free Chester - be happy knowing your legacy at Kirkby will help so many more bunnies xxx

What a wonderful tribute to your special boy:love::love::love::love:
He was such a lucky bunny to have you as a mummy. I'm so sorry you've lost him.:cry::cry::cry::cry: Rest in peace Chester xxxx

What a beautiful tribute Sue to a very special bunny - truly one in a million bunny :love: Chester had such spirit & determination - a real little soldier. I'm a great believer in things happen for a reason & I believe Chester was meant to come to live with you. Chester has been your inspiration to do so much for the other Kirkby bunnies & he couldn't have wished for a better bunny mummy.

I am so, so sorry that it was Chester's time to leave you & just wished he could have had just one Christmas with you :cry:

Binky free special lad, watch over mummy Chester now you're a bunny angel in heaven xxxx

I'm so sorry Sue :cry: Chester was a beautiful little lad and was a lucky bunny to have spent his final months in such a caring and loving home.

Goodnight Chester, sleep tight little bun

I'm so gutted to hear about Chester. I agree with other people's comments that he was very special and he has made us aware of the help that was needed at Kirkby.

RIP little treasure.

Oh Sue I am so, so sorry :(
I'm in tears here. What a wonderful tribute for a truly gorgeous bunny. He definitely landed on all 4 paws going home with you.

((hugs)) xxx

Oh Sue I am so, so sorry :(
I'm in tears here. What a wonderful tribute for a truly gorgeous bunny. He definitely landed on all 4 paws going home with you.

((hugs)) xxx

Thank you Laura, you met him just after he arrived, so you know how lovely he was:love:

I would just like to say thank you to everyone for their lovely pm's and texts offering their support, it's nice to know Chester was a special bunny to a lot of people, I wish I had posted more about him when he was ill so you could see what a fighter he was:cry:

What a beautiful tribute to such a brave boy.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Sleep tight now Chester.

Sue I never realised Chester was the catalyst to all this fundraising and volunteering.

What a truely inspirational bunny, and an equally inspirational bunny mummy too :)

I am sure he had the best 7 months of his life with you.

Binky free Chester

Back