• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor cat

Dan 13

Young Bun
I hope people don't mind me posting this in here.

On our way back from a visit to my parents tonight me and my wife saw something in the middle of the road.

I pulled in to have a look and it was a cat that appeared to have been hit by a car. Unfortunately it was already dead when I got to it.

There was a collar just next to it, it looked like somebody had taken it off as it didn't look like it could have come off when it was hit.

It was not very far from the owners house and I had to give them the bad news and take the poor woman and her daughter to it, I had wrapped it in a blanket and moved it from the road but it was awful to have to give them the bad news.

They said that another of their cats went missing 4 weeks ago and this one was one of it's kittens. The poor thing was beautiful.

Sorry but I just needed to post about it as it was so upsetting. :(:cry:

How very kind of you...not just to let the owners know (even though you didnt hit him),but to post in memoriam.
May Puss rest in peace....xxx

Awww, what a kind thing for you to go and find the owners... so many people just dont care!! I rescued a kitten once, was by the side of the road with its squashed mummy and sibling... the poor kitten had been hit too and had a swollen eye and broken tooth :( The cat probably belonged to one of the farms but I didnt go and knock on their doors, I took it home for the night and took it to the vets in the morning. It had survived and was taken ib by cats protection, it didnt take long for him to get a new home, he was gorg!!

Sorry about you finding the cat though, I always move bodies out of the road if possible :( Saddens me so much :( Its the only thing (apart from the landlord saying no and not having a garden etc etc) that puts me off having a cat!!

That was so kind of you.At least the poor woman has closure.Sleep tight beautiful Pussy cat xxxxxxxx

You have been so kind there. That was a lovely thing to do rather than just let them see their pet in the road.

Poor kitty. :( I'm sure the owners are devastated but will have appreciated the fact that you let them know, and treated their much loved pet with the respect it deserved.

Sleep tight puss. xx

Aww that is so sad, poor pussy cat, i hate seeing animals in the road and I am sure that even though it was obviously devestating to receive the news I am sure they were grateful for what you did, moving the cat out of the road and wrapping it up.
RIP little kitty xx

Back