• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Savvy Vet in Reading, Berkshire

Wigs

Warren Scout
Hi there

Just wondering if anyone in the Reading area (we live in Central Reading) is able to recommend a good veterinary practice/vet?

Hi, I used to live in Central Reading and I took my buns to Kynoch vets in Wokingham. I always found the vet there very good.

Lou x

That's great - thanks everyone :D

I think I will check out Kynoch Vets in Wokingham. I'm not unhappy with my curent vets - everyone I have seen is really friendly and helpful, I'm just not convinved they are overly rabbit savvy. Plus we seem to see different Vets each time we go :?

Thanks again :)

Just a personal opinion but when we lived in Reading I wasn't particularly happy with Balimore Veterinary Practice on the Old Basingstoke Road in Spencers Wood from a bunny point of view. I'm sure there are lots of people who are very happy there, but I just wanted to protect you from my own "not-so-great" experience in the past. We ended up moving to Suffolk after that so I didn't enlist with another veterinary practice in Reading but I do know now that the RWAF holds a list of good bunny practices over the country and should be available on their website. Hope that helps x

That's great - thanks everyone :D

I think I will check out Kynoch Vets in Wokingham. I'm not unhappy with my curent vets - everyone I have seen is really friendly and helpful, I'm just not convinved they are overly rabbit savvy. Plus we seem to see different Vets each time we go :?

Thanks again :)

Hi Claire :wave:

I actually work for Kynochs and am very happy to recommend the Wokingham branch to you, and these good people would certainly be ideal for a homechecker who's putting a tick in the box!

There are three vets there and all are good, although Nick is the Partner and has the most experience. Then you have both Ben and Charlotte.

Within the group of practices, we also have Ivan Crotaz, who is a bunny marvel and practices at the Harmans Water branch so there is always someone with good knowledge to cover all eventualities should you choose to use the group - you can go to any of the branches if you are registered - the Crowthorne one being open on Saturdays and Sundays too.

Helen :D

Hi Claire :wave:

I actually work for Kynochs and am very happy to recommend the Wokingham branch to you, and these good people would certainly be ideal for a homechecker who's putting a tick in the box!

There are three vets there and all are good, although Nick is the Partner and has the most experience. Then you have both Ben and Charlotte.

Within the group of practices, we also have Ivan Crotaz, who is a bunny marvel and practices at the Harmans Water branch so there is always someone with good knowledge to cover all eventualities should you choose to use the group - you can go to any of the branches if you are registered - the Crowthorne one being open on Saturdays and Sundays too.

Helen :D

Thank you Helen :D What a coincidence!!

Will need to discuss with the oh, but Kynoch definitely looks like our best option. There seems to be a huge amount of bunny knowledge between the Vets at each of the practices which is very reassuring (and having the option to go in on a Saturday and Sunday is fantastic!).

Will definitely be giving them a call soon :)

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I also live in Reading and am contemplating changing vets, any recommendations/ones to avoid etc?

I currently don't drive so have to attend the one near me as it's only a 5 minute walk, I'm generally happy with them but like the o/P i'm not entirely happy they are rabbit savvy. I'm learning to drive atm so if I did decide to change it would be great to have some idea of what services are near me :)

Cheers

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I also live in Reading and am contemplating changing vets, any recommendations/ones to avoid etc?

I currently don't drive so have to attend the one near me as it's only a 5 minute walk, I'm generally happy with them but like the o/P i'm not entirely happy they are rabbit savvy. I'm learning to drive atm so if I did decide to change it would be great to have some idea of what services are near me :)

Cheers

Hiya.

If you PM Nix on here, she used to live in Tilehurst and she could tell you who she used to use for her basic stuff. She uses Ivan Crotaz at Kynochs Harmans Water for everything now as she has moved closer to Bracknell.

Last edited:
I use Tilehurst Active Vetcare Centre for the rescue guineas pigs and RSPCA rabbits use them too, they do some rabbit dentals without anaesthetic but it depends on the bun Ithink.

Jenny and Sally do all the castrates and spays and I think Hannah's done a few too now, I think its Jenny that does the teeth but Hannah may as well- you'd need to ask, both do guinea pig teeth without anaesthetic.

I use Tilehurst Active Vetcare Centre for the rescue guineas pigs and RSPCA rabbits use them too, they do some rabbit dentals without anaesthetic but it depends on the bun Ithink.

Jenny and Sally do all the castrates and spays and I think Hannah's done a few too now, I think its Jenny that does the teeth but Hannah may as well- you'd need to ask, both do guinea pig teeth without anaesthetic.

This is who I use, as I said generally very happy with the service but I guess being a worrier I want to make sure I'm giving my buns the best I can :)

Fair enough, they're the best for guineas I do know that and I know for a fact they see lots of buns for spays and castrates and dentals. I think someone at Castle Vets is very good with buns too, don't know if they're still there though. Maybe contact Reading Rabbits and see who it is?

Do come along to our Piggy PM on 20/2 at Active Vetcare (2-5pm), someone from Reading Rabbits is going to try and come. The Hay Experts and Gorgeous Guineas are there as well as vets to talk to- shameless plug over now :wave:

Fair enough, they're the best for guineas I do know that and I know for a fact they see lots of buns for spays and castrates and dentals. I think someone at Castle Vets is very good with buns too, don't know if they're still there though. Maybe contact Reading Rabbits and see who it is?

Do come along to our Piggy PM on 20/2 at Active Vetcare (2-5pm), someone from Reading Rabbits is going to try and come. The Hay Experts and Gorgeous Guineas are there as well as vets to talk to- shameless plug over now :wave:

Would have loved to have come to this but I'm can't make it :( Please keep me informed of other bunny events though :)

Back