• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rita

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Today we had to let our little grumpy piggy Rita go to the bridge. She was only 3 years old, but on Monday night she suddenly developed neurological problems. The vet put it down to some sort of brain leision either caused by a stroke or tumour. She was given a steroid injection to try to reduce the symptoms, as she wasn't in pain and was still eating. But this morning there was no improvement and the kindest thing was to let her go. :cry:

Rita was rescued along with a large group of piggys a couple of years ago where the breeding situation had got out of hand. I think over 100 were rescues in total :shock: We feel in love with her as she looked so different to any piggys we had before. She was a lovely chocolate brown rex with a cream blaze, I though she looked like a badger :love: Rita had a strong character and was the least sociable of the group, but I'm sure she really was happy in the herd, despite her teeth rattling :lol:

Popcorn free Rita, you will be missed you moody piggy :love::love: xx

Back