Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keeping Rabbits and Cats

Warren Scout

Default Keeping Rabbits and Cats

Keeping rabbits and cats together - is it possiblke?

We have two outdoor bunnies and are consaidering getting a cat. Will this cause problems or does it all depend?

I have two cats and bunnies outside.I have had no problems at all In fact the cats are scared of the bunnies and piggies

I think as long as they are introduced properly then it should be fine. We have 7 and the bunnies don't mind them and if they do then they just thump and the cats run off One of the cats always helps me when I'm clean out hutches or feeding the buns, she seems to like them but the rabbits don't feel the same

I have 3 of each and they are all ok in fact I think the cats are afraid of the rabbits. they are funny to see, all lying in the sun together

Warren Scout

I've never had a cat before. Do they do much damage to yur home at all?

We have bother with neighbours' cats coming into our garden. If we had our own, would they stop coming in?
    Last edited by KarinB; 26-10-2007 at 04:13 PM.

Easy-peasy. ^^

We have three/sometimes four cats. We also have our neighbour's cat in the garden practically all the time - he adores my bunnies. And not an adore in an 'I want to eat you' way... he's always trying to brush against them and purrs at them. If anything, the cats are wary of the rabbits when the rabbits are loose... At first, before each rabbit was used to the cats, if a cat appeared they would thump and spook the cats... but now they bound across to the corner of the run to greet the cats... Who usually ignore them entirely.

Warren Veteran Crystal butterfly's Avatar

my cats and rabbits get on great together ive had my rabbits run around teh house with the cats. i think kittens are probably better as they can grow up with the rabbits and know that their not food.

Crystal my beautiful princess heaven needed another angel, forever my best friend and worlds greatest rabbit sleep tight gorgeous always in my heart xxxxxxx

Misty and Toffee both stolen from their hutch July 2012. I'm sorry I failed you both xxxxxxxxx

Cats and bunnies body language is very similar so as long as they're introduced properly it shouldn't be a problem, unless you have a particularly vicious/territorial cat/bun

Banned

same here - cat scared of the rabbits!.

I have 3 house cats....all live harmoniously with the rabbits but we did get them as kittens so that they grew up that way.

Bunny Mummy to Juno, Scout & Fiver
    RIP:Honeycomb, Rowan, Caspian, Pippa, Maverick, Cassius, Callisto, Bobby, Mackenzie, Lexie &
    Marley

"I would like to be able to admire a manís opinions as I would his dog - without being expected to take it home with me."
    - Frank A. Clark

Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum