• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WW: Can complaining online make a difference?

I confronted pets at home the other day whilst I was in there doing rabbit research (prices for food and to see what sort of things they sell etc…getting my first rabbit on the 14th of Feb) as they had cages labelled as 'rabbit cages' when they barely looked suitable for hamsters (okay that might be a slight exaggeration but they certainly broke RSPCA regulations). The guy in the shop quickly took the 'rabbit cage' signs down and proceeded to tell me they wouldn't actually sell them for rabbits. When I asked what they would sell to a rabbit owner or someone who was buying a rabbit from them they said they don't have anything suitable in stock and would instead recommend dog crates….which was sort of fair enough but I wasn't completely convinced! I understand having a small-ish cage as a base for a house rabbit with access to a rabbit proofed room/house or a small-ish hutch for an outdoor rabbit with access to a run 24/7 but sadly I think a lot of people can be ignorant and assume that what pet shops sell as 'rabbit cages' is only what is required for their rabbit.

Back