• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would this work??

newbabybuns

Warren Veteran
I currently have 3 unbonded sisters living seperately as they got very hormonal before they were old enough to be spayed so were seperated. Two have been spayed, and no longer display hormonal signs. I was hoping to have the third done now that I am confident that she was healthy enough (had various issues with her). However we have just discovered that she needs a dental (booked for tomorrow :cry:) so her spay is going to be put off (anyone know a reasonable time to wait after having this GA?)

Now we have started a huge garden project and they have a playhouse/aviary combo that will be finished in the next few weeks, and I will be ready to begin bonding (having to have a go myself :shock: )

If I bond the two spayed bunnies, would it work to add in and bond the third when she eventually gets spayed?? would going from singles to a pair to a trio really be successful in a shortish space of time?? well. I say shortish, but the third won't be spayed for a while, and then has to wait for the hormones to settle etc etc.

I can honestly see this going horrendously wrong, my back up plan is we will have to cut down our apple tree and build an extension to the aviary to house them seperately, would really like to avoid this though!! Also, time is not on my side as two are currently in the conservatory and I'm on borrowed time before it gets too hot in there for them.

I think I would rather just bond them all in one go perhaps as a group of 4 and add a male. Not sure whether 3 girls would get on. It really does depend on their personalities I know my girls are little madams :roll:

I really don't know what to do for the best :( I was naive thinking they would get on really. I had a group of sisters when I was (alot) younger and they were all fine and none were even spayed :oops: but these girls have been the most hormonal girls I've ever known of. (until two were spayed). All I wanted to do was give them a much better life than bunnies I had when I was little, and it's just going completely wrong :cry: and costing a fortune :lol:

I think they should be fine together, one has a slight temper, but they really seem to be wanting company, they love me grooming their faces mimicking how they do it to each other around the eyes. There's been no spraying when they smell each other anymore and none of those humpy noises they used to do.

I really have a problem with the temperature in the conservatory though, it's going to get hot in there before they are are all ready to bond when Frankie eventually gets spayed. There's no way I can bring the other two in the house either, as Lola is already in the dining room. I'm too scared to put the hutches outside without being inside an aviary as the house behind had their coop broken into by a fox and the quails killed :?

Aagh, wish I had a magic wand sometimes!

Back