• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

worrying,concerned yet so funny!! help!!

clairekaitlin

Warren Scout
Ok so my sister rabbits are unspayed at the moment, too young, however as soon as they are old enough they will be getting spayed....however I have some questions that need answering as its starting to worry me!

Daisy has always tried to hump her sister, they used to take it in turns tho and were always friends after, but in the last two days snuggles has become like a little demon! she is more than happy and is currently flying around the room binkying like a crazy head and flying off everything at super sonic speed lol but she seems to have taken a strong dislike to Daisy:( not been mean or hurting her just nipping her constantly and poor Daisy has taken this to heart and now hides backed up in the corner of the cage when its closed:(
Today while there free Daisy will come out but if I go towards her or offer them treats snuggles acts very strangely, she will fly towards Daisy jump over her spraying wee and scare her back into the cage?!?!? She is also acting very brave towards the dog who just looks at her like?!?!?nutter and goes to sleep lol.

Can someone please advise me as to what I can do? thanks xx

p.s-Just to mention I brought them a large wicker nest yesterday and filled it with hay, Daisy has now taken to sleeping in there and snuggles sleeps on top?!?!?! x

this is normal unspayed behaviour... i think she needs doing now really, what is the reasno she isnt ebing done you say too young but some vets will go by weight instead of age as really thats more important, also i would suggest that if it is upsetting the other bunny you seperate now and then rebond them after both have been spayed and do it in a neutral enviroment obviously if its not causing a major problemand no fighting or injury is occouring keep together if possible but not at the others expense

I'd say she has raging hormones, and is starting to display signs of being territorial.
Your sis will need to keep a very close eye on these two as the aggression can accelerate very quickly and you can end up with some nasty injuries (one of mine ripped a hole in her sister the morning they were going in to be spayed:roll:)

You didn't say how old they are, but I'd be considering getting them spayed as soon as the vet would do it, or look to separate ~(but so that they don't lose contact) until they've calmed down a bit after their spay,and then re-bond them.

I'd say she has raging hormones, and is starting to display signs of being territorial.
Your sis will need to keep a very close eye on these two as the aggression can accelerate very quickly and you can end up with some nasty injuries (one of mine ripped a hole in her sister the morning they were going in to be spayed:roll:)

You didn't say how old they are, but I'd be considering getting them spayed as soon as the vet would do it, or look to separate ~(but so that they don't lose contact) until they've calmed down a bit after their spay,and then re-bond them.

I did think it was hormones, they are 16 weeks and vet won't touch them until 20 weeks or go on weight so I've just got to keep a very close eye on them, they seem to be being nice again now and have swapped roles again!! I just cannot keep up lol, all in all I don't think they are unhappy, have been reading up on rabbit language and there not showing any signs of fear/sadness infact as I sit here watching them they are both snuggled into a wicker basket full of hay grooming each other :love:

Thanks for the answers guys xx

p.s-I will be needing you come spay time as I'm petrified:( x

Should also note they aren't my sisters rabbits they are mine I think you misunderstood when I said "rabbit sisters" sorry for any confusion, my sister does in fact have an adorable male called sir Nibs who is fantastic:D x

Back