• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worry over one bun left alone.....

We understand....now let's drown our sorrows in a cup of tea (or coffee) and have another jaffa cake before we wallow too deeply....:(

Yes. And perhaps a nice chocolate that I got today in a VERY posh hotel. Went there for my friends Hen party - £24 for tea, 2 tiny sandwiches, a tiny desert in a shot glass, a tiny scone with jam and cream and an incy wincy bun! :shock:

id keep a bunny single if it had never been paired, i dont think they can miss what they never had but once theyve had it id not be the one to stop it happening again :(

i think Holly had the love of a sister who died, shes so besotted with Alvin so must of really missed bunny company :cry::cry:

Do you think they miss their particular bunny or just bunny company?

I worry more about Mimis state of mind if Timmy left (GOD...PLEASE...FORBID) than if Mimi left us (AGAIN...GOD...FORBID.)
Timmy survived Tilly dying, he was quite young and ADORED her. I worried so much for him when she passed that myself and oh ended up moving our bed onto the floor until we got Mimi so that he wouldnt be alone. Seeing his little tiny black self alone and looking for Tilly broke my heart :cry:
But he LOVED us sleeping on the floor, there wasnt a day went by that I didnt wake up to him scrambling over us excitedly :love:
When Mimi came along he was like a new bunny again but I know that if he was left alone he'd cope and enjoy having all of my attention.
Mimi however relies so much on her little husbun, and is quite wary of human contact (due to past experiences :evil:) that I think she'd be lost :cry:
Doesnt bear thinking about :cry::cry:

Do you think they miss their particular bunny or just bunny company?

in alvins case it was bunny company (i hope), but pearl had been dying for so long i dont know when he knew she was dying/gone.

he was binkying the day after her death, but then he went sad.

but it also took a long time after he came home to go back into our bedroom and hasnt been on the bed since so he must miss her alot even now.. i dunno if im putting human emotions onto a bunny hes happy, really happy but avoids the bed he spent many hours on with his pearl :?

Oh I'm sorry guys! I've depressed everyone on a Saturday night! Put some happy music on Blackberry!! :oops:

no you havent, its a real big worry if you dont want more rabbits... i had loads and loads of days saying no more, but when it comes down to it.. Alvin came before my desire to no longer keep buns :love::love::love:

its not depressing its a very real situation keeping prey animals and one we should think about :wave::wave:

hmmm

When we had rats, Starsky and Hutch were pedigree brothers and very close. So when Starsky died we rang a rescue, and agreed to take a pair of young brothers. By the time I got to the rescue the brothers had taken a tiny runt under their wing, so I ended up coming back with 3 to present to lovely patient gandfatherly Hutch. He loved it. Shortly afterwards our daughter (student job as waitress) heard 2 foreign waiters joking how they'd bought a petrat from the petshop on impule and kept it in a box, but it kept escaping, so they'd have to kill it. So then we had 5. Is that how to do it? :lol:

no you havent, its a real big worry if you dont want more rabbits... i had loads and loads of days saying no more, but when it comes down to it.. Alvin came before my desire to no longer keep buns :love::love::love:

its not depressing its a very real situation keeping prey animals and one we should think about :wave::wave:

I think you're right - def Benson or Lola's needs will be my first priority when it comes to it. Oh I just love how they love each other. I love watching them from behind, sitting side by side. Then she'll put her head under his nose for a groom. She has Benny right where she wants him and he's only to happy to be under the paw!! :love: Long LONG may it last, please Lord!

thinking about it.... i am adding human emotions... itll be warmer on the bed than floor wont it, so why sit in heat over cooler floor :lol::lol::lol::lol:

what a muppet i am :oops::oops::oops:

When we had rats, Starsky and Hutch were pedigree brothers and very close. So when Starsky died we rang a rescue, and agreed to take a pair of young brothers. By the time I got to the rescue the brothers had taken a tiny runt under their wing, so I ended up coming back with 3 to present to lovely patient gandfatherly Hutch. He loved it. Shortly afterwards our daughter (student job as waitress) heard 2 foreign waiters joking how they'd bought a petrat from the petshop on impule and kept it in a box, but it kept escaping, so they'd have to kill it. So then we had 5. Is that how to do it? :lol:

Eh, well, it's one way to do it!!!! :lol:

thinking about it.... i am adding human emotions... itll be warmer on the bed than floor wont it, so why sit in heat over cooler floor :lol::lol::lol::lol:

what a muppet i am :oops::oops::oops:

:lol::lol::lol:

Hard not to though!! Need to try not to for our own sanity though!!

Back