• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wont be letting Lola and Lucy out any more unsupervised.

Not sure I would go with the word "condemned" in description of the indoor lifestyle. :? I don't mean to nitpick, but if a bunny's safety was in question, I would never take a chance. A life indoors for 10 years seems a far better option than 4 years outside just to be eaten.

My bunnies enjoy free run of a studio apartment and are quite happy. :)

How do you know your rabbits wouldn't be happier outside? Or are you just assuming that because they've never been outside?
It is up to the rabbits owner to make sure where they excercise and are kept is secure and they are safe from dangers like dogs. Cat doesn't know that her rabbits are in any danger because of these dogs - I know both Lucy and Lola like being outside so I do think it would be "condeming" them to a life inside. It's only my opinion - if you don't agree then that's fine :D

How do you know your rabbits wouldn't be happier outside? Or are you just assuming that because they've never been outside?
It is up to the rabbits owner to make sure where they excercise and are kept is secure and they are safe from dangers like dogs. Cat doesn't know that her rabbits are in any danger because of these dogs - I know both Lucy and Lola like being outside so I do think it would be "condeming" them to a life inside. It's only my opinion - if you don't agree then that's fine :D

Lucy enjoys the Garden :love:

Lolas not so keen ;)

I never said they wouldn't be happier outside. I live in an apartment on the 5th floor, so keeping them outside is not an option. I'm just saying that they certainly aren't miserable indoors.

And because she doesn't know if they are in danger or not, it's probably best to keep them in a place that you KNOW they are 100%, rather than put your rabbit's life at risk. Considering that dog's tend to be aggressive if people are aggressive towards them, and that her boyfriend killed her last rabbit with a brick, I'm thinking the dog being aggressive is at LEAST a possibility.

I have nothing against keeping rabbits outside. I think it's fantastic, so there's no disagreement there. I just can't agree with putting a rabbit outside near dogs because they *might* not be dangerous.

Last edited:
They love the garden (OK erm Lola tolerates it) but they equally love their time inside and binky just as much inside as out.

They love the garden (OK erm Lola tolerates it) but they equally love their time inside and binky just as much inside as out.

Cat, please say you know what I'm getting at :D
I'm not saying it's not ok to have house rabbits - I'm just trying to make the point it's the bunnies garden and why should they be kept inside? For all anyone knows the dogs might love bunnies - I didn't know Cat had experience with greyhounds and I hate when people think they will automatically chase and kill anything that moves.

Hun, I totally understand. I get cross when folks bad mouth Greyhounds cos I know what sloppy dogs they are.

It is lovely to see my buns in the garden doin what buns do and I am very lucky to have a garden I can do this in but I also know they love been inside as well and if I didnt have a garden I would be more than happy to have a house bun.

After seeing many buns cooped up in tiny cages its lovely to even know there are "house buns":love:

I think I would have to put up super large fences on that particular side of the garden :oops: We only have a 4ft fence between us and our neighbours' dog, but it's a very old golden retriever, I don't think it can even lift 2 of its legs off the floor at the same time, never mind lift all 4 and jump over a 4ft fence :roll:

(Actually I haven't seen it since Luna passed away... I wonder if the dog passed away around the same time :? )

Back