• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wilson our headtilt bun has a poorly eye - U/D 3rd Jan - doing better

Poor Wilson :cry:

Some of my Buns cant tolerate Tiacil and it actually aggrevates things. Fucithalmic seems to be more soothing.

Also, do you use artificial tears in his eyes a few times a day ? Especially in the 'down eye'

I hope his poorly eye gets better soon and that there is no ulceration involved.

xx

Thanks guys :)

Poor Wilson :cry:

Some of my Buns cant tolerate Tiacil and it actually aggrevates things. Fucithalmic seems to be more soothing.

Also, do you use artificial tears in his eyes a few times a day ? Especially in the 'down eye'

I hope his poorly eye gets better soon and that there is no ulceration involved.

xx

We've used fucithalmic before Jane in other buns, but not with Wilson - so will mention this tomorrow to see if it would be a better option. I must admit though I wasn't aware of artificial tears :oops: Is this something the vet prescribes or can they be bought independently?

I hope it doesn't ulcerate as well :(

Thanks guys :)

We've used fucithalmic before Jane in other buns, but not with Wilson - so will mention this tomorrow to see if it would be a better option. I must admit though I wasn't aware of artificial tears :oops: Is this something the vet prescribes or can they be bought independently?

I hope it doesn't ulcerate as well :(

You can buy artificial tears otc if your Vet agrees that Wilson should have them

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/hypromellose-03-eye-drops---for-dry-eyes_1_10918.html

Here's an explanation of 'dry eye'

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Dry-Eyes.htm

Thanks Jane, you're a star :D We're in at the vets for 9.30am, so will mention this when we go in.

Thanks again everyone for your vibes for our little trouper xx

We're back from the vets & Wilson has done so well bless him :) He didn't have one rolling episode at all & managed to balance himself upright in his carrier all the time :D

We've got fucithalmic to put in twice a day & artificial tear drops to put in his 5 times a day, as well as continuing with metacam & panacur. It wasn't Jane that saw him, but the vet that saw him didn't want to put him on antibiotics just yet. He wanted to see if he improved without them - we're back on Tuesday to see Jane for a check & take things from there.

Fingers crossed our brave little lad's eye improves for the better without needing anything drastic.

Last edited:
Glad it was good news. :)

We have only used fucithalmic on Dinky. We are hoping if she does need the op for removal she will be OK as she had a huge OP last summer for abscess removal and spay at the same time. She came through the GA fine but unfortunately the vet thinks this has really affected her immune system which is why she is having repeated infections and mites :(

Dave finishes his panacur tomorrow and will no longer be on any meds so we now have to decide whether to risk castrating him or having him as a single bunny for the rest of his life :(:?

I hope Wilson's eye will be feeling better very soon:wave:

Thanks guys - will let you know how our little fella goes on :)

Glad it was good news. :)

We have only used fucithalmic on Dinky. We are hoping if she does need the op for removal she will be OK as she had a huge OP last summer for abscess removal and spay at the same time. She came through the GA fine but unfortunately the vet thinks this has really affected her immune system which is why she is having repeated infections and mites :(

Dave finishes his panacur tomorrow and will no longer be on any meds so we now have to decide whether to risk castrating him or having him as a single bunny for the rest of his life :(:?

I hope Wilson's eye will be feeling better very soon:wave:

I know it's so, so difficult to decide what to do for the best isn't it Liz?

Poor Dinky I hope that her eye clears up eventually & that you don't have to opt for removal of it :(

How is Dave doing in himself at the moment Liz? Have your vets given any indication as to whether to castrate him or not?

Sending snuggles for them both xx

Thanks Abbie, just been putting Wilson's artificial tears in again - it looks a little less red, but is still very weepy :(

I've only just spotted this, poor Wilson. Sending lots of vibes and hope his eye gets better very soon. xxx

Back