• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will they go back together? Sisters and spay and my battle!

Aww bless! They are adorable. Sound just like my two, always have to.cuddle or lie near each other.

Just keep taking the little steps, your parents will agree when they realise it's for the best! How old were they when they started fighting?

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

I think they were about 6 months when they started fighting, but then it could of been 8 months? :? Anywhere between 6 and 8 months :lol:
Bella sees me as the highest ranking bunny now and cleans me, but binky, in her eyes - is still top bunny and she I must give her a nose rub :lol:

I think they find comfort in eachother even though theyve been seperate for months, its like they know they're sisters still :lol:

My mums main problems with it is that they might not go back again after and that they don't get a say in the surgery, if it was anything else she'd let ME pay for it for MY rabbits but shes gor me stuck here :lol:
But letting them near eachother solves one problem in a way, and for them not getting a say I say about the 80% chance of uterine cancer and their response is "well marleen didnt get it" when we never even found out what she died of in 2010, it was a mystery so could of well been that!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I think they were about 6 months when they started fighting, but then it could of been 8 months? :? Anywhere between 6 and 8 months :lol:
Bella sees me as the highest ranking bunny now and cleans me, but binky, in her eyes - is still top bunny and she I must give her a nose rub :lol:

I think they find comfort in eachother even though theyve been seperate for months, its like they know they're sisters still :lol:

My mums main problems with it is that they might not go back again after and that they don't get a say in the surgery, if it was anything else she'd let ME pay for it for MY rabbits but shes gor me stuck here :lol:
But letting them near eachother solves one problem in a way, and for them not getting a say I say about the 80% chance of uterine cancer and their response is "well marleen didnt get it" when we never even found out what she died of in 2010, it was a mystery so could of well been that!

I hope my two don't fight before 6 months, they'll be getting spayed as soon as they can!

I think if the rabbits had a choice, they would choose to be spayed. It would mean that they get to be together again, and have company, and the health risks are significantly lower. As a human, if I had a choice of living alone forever, and an 80% chance of developing cancer, or having a hysterectomy, I'd go for the hysterectomy! You obviously have no intentions of breeding them, so those parts aren't actually any good to them!

I have no idea what my two think the ranking is here, I think I'm slave, they're equals :lol:

I hope my two don't fight before 6 months, they'll be getting spayed as soon as they can!

I think if the rabbits had a choice, they would choose to be spayed. It would mean that they get to be together again, and have company, and the health risks are significantly lower. As a human, if I had a choice of living alone forever, and an 80% chance of developing cancer, or having a hysterectomy, I'd go for the hysterectomy! You obviously have no intentions of breeding them, so those parts aren't actually any good to them!

I have no idea what my two think the ranking is here, I think I'm slave, they're equals :lol:

I think bella doesnt see me as a human but just a friend who provides food :lol:
And binky just likes me putting her in the run and resents me for putting her back :lol:

They were really good before 6 months, binky used to mount bella but she was the dominant rabbit so I suppose thats where it gradualky started from!

Im all for it but the GA worries me, I read something about 1/100 rabbits die from GA and I have two rabbits so thats a 2/100 chance I could lose one of my rabbits, but I wont tell my mum that worries me :lol: I just try and think every single rescue bun is spayed or neutured unless they have a condition meaning they cant and they pull through so why cant mine!

Thats is a really good way to put it, and ill ask her if she had them odd what would she chose to do!
She also says its not fair on them to have to recover from such a big operation, and ive explained about pain medication but I cant explain further if that makes sense :lol:

I think bella doesnt see me as a human but just a friend who provides food :lol:
And binky just likes me putting her in the run and resents me for putting her back :lol:

They were really good before 6 months, binky used to mount bella but she was the dominant rabbit so I suppose thats where it gradualky started from!

Im all for it but the GA worries me, I read something about 1/100 rabbits die from GA and I have two rabbits so thats a 2/100 chance I could lose one of my rabbits, but I wont tell my mum that worries me :lol: I just try and think every single rescue bun is spayed or neutured unless they have a condition meaning they cant and they pull through so why cant mine!

Thats is a really good way to put it, and ill ask her if she had them odd what would she chose to do!
She also says its not fair on them to have to recover from such a big operation, and ive explained about pain medication but I cant explain further if that makes sense :lol:

Mine have just started the humping, they take it in turns though :roll: i spoke to a lady at rwaf for ages about it, and she said it sounds more like excitement as they do it mostly when food is coming, and that her neutered buns still do it at feeding time :lol: from the what I've read about dominance, they're only 15 weeks, so it could be them establishing who is dominant.

My two don't get shut away, I think all hell would break loose if I tried now! They do make a racket to wake me up in the mornings, and Maizie definitely sees me as food provider, she nudges me when it's close to feeding time. Daisy sees me more as a climbing frame :roll:

I would put it to my mum like that to be honest. As for the pain, imagine the pain if one developed cancer? The pain of a spay is only temporary, the potential consequences of remaining unspayed are much worse!

Best not to mention the worries about GA, but I'm sure your vet wouldn't put them under if they didn't think they could cope, especially if they are rabbit savvy! There's a risk wherever GA is concerned, be it in humans or animals, and 1/100 is only 1% of rabbits. It is a worry, but I don't see it as enough of a worry providing they are fit and healthy.
I've read that some vets will spay from 16 weeks, my vet is insistent on 6 months for my 2, and that's only if they weigh at least 1kg! A rabbit savvy vet definitely wouldn't perform it if they thought your rabbit would be at risk!

Mine have just started the humping, they take it in turns though :roll: i spoke to a lady at rwaf for ages about it, and she said it sounds more like excitement as they do it mostly when food is coming, and that her neutered buns still do it at feeding time :lol: from the what I've read about dominance, they're only 15 weeks, so it could be them establishing who is dominant.

My two don't get shut away, I think all hell would break loose if I tried now! They do make a racket to wake me up in the mornings, and Maizie definitely sees me as food provider, she nudges me when it's close to feeding time. Daisy sees me more as a climbing frame :roll:

I would put it to my mum like that to be honest. As for the pain, imagine the pain if one developed cancer? The pain of a spay is only temporary, the potential consequences of remaining unspayed are much worse!

Best not to mention the worries about GA, but I'm sure your vet wouldn't put them under if they didn't think they could cope, especially if they are rabbit savvy! There's a risk wherever GA is concerned, be it in humans or animals, and 1/100 is only 1% of rabbits. It is a worry, but I don't see it as enough of a worry providing they are fit and healthy.
I've read that some vets will spay from 16 weeks, my vet is insistent on 6 months for my 2, and that's only if they weigh at least 1kg! A rabbit savvy vet definitely wouldn't perform it if they thought your rabbit would be at risk!

binky was the dominant rabbit from day dot, she was always braver and never got nervous but when we got bella she was really nervous and took time to come out of her shell and binky was never like that, she was always ears up and hyper and quite bossy with grooming id say :lol:

Bella likes to use me as a climbing frame while im providing food, because I like to hand feed her pellets in the morning - she runs up to the shed door and climbs to try and get me and it makes me feel really loved even though she just wants her food, so I cherish that time :lol:

Thats a brilliant way to put it, I showed my mum a photo on a thread and it was a rabbit who had uterine cancer and they spayed her and took photos of it, you could see the tumors and I explained how it can spread if not caught quick enough and she goes
"Oh amy, did the bunny live?"
And I showed her a photo of it now years on!

The GA wouldn't stop me getting them spayed but once id dropped them off id probably get reslly emotional and then sit at home by the phone as an anxiois reck waiting for the call :lol:
They would have to go one at a time though, because ive only got space for one at a time indoors to recover and they obviously cant share!

binky was the dominant rabbit from day dot, she was always braver and never got nervous but when we got bella she was really nervous and took time to come out of her shell and binky was never like that, she was always ears up and hyper and quite bossy with grooming id say :lol:

Bella likes to use me as a climbing frame while im providing food, because I like to hand feed her pellets in the morning - she runs up to the shed door and climbs to try and get me and it makes me feel really loved even though she just wants her food, so I cherish that time :lol:

Thats a brilliant way to put it, I showed my mum a photo on a thread and it was a rabbit who had uterine cancer and they spayed her and took photos of it, you could see the tumors and I explained how it can spread if not caught quick enough and she goes
"Oh amy, did the bunny live?"
And I showed her a photo of it now years on!

The GA wouldn't stop me getting them spayed but once id dropped them off id probably get reslly emotional and then sit at home by the phone as an anxiois reck waiting for the call :lol:
They would have to go one at a time though, because ive only got space for one at a time indoors to recover and they obviously cant share!

Binky sounds like Maizie, and Bella sounds like Daisy :lol:

It's only.natural to worry when they're at the vets, I'll be the same :lol: I'll be sat in my flat lost without them for the day :cry:

Binky sounds like Maizie, and Bella sounds like Daisy :lol:

It's only.natural to worry when they're at the vets, I'll be the same :lol: I'll be sat in my flat lost without them for the day :cry:

Maybe they're secretly related back a while, or were split at birth :lol:

I get so worried even going to the vets :lol: I feel like they'll just find something wrong every time :lol:
I'll be pretty lost too, even though they live outdoors they easily consume half of my day, if not more :lol:

Apparently rspca can help towards spaying but I dont think im eligible because my household doesnt earn low income and we're not on benefits, and we own our own house
hmmm

Back