• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do we have rabbits..........

I guess the joy of making animals lives a little better with love and care is worth all the tears and grief...no matter...we try to make a little difference to those we come into contact with....

Im ever so sorry.:cry:..binky free Precious...xxxx

I am so sorry you have lost a bun today. We have them for them so they can live a life free from suffering and neglect. I am heartbroken at the moment and watching the kids struggling today I am wondering whether I should have brought rabbits to our home.

The other side is that they learn to love and the joy that having pets can bring.

I felt like this after losing Peggy and Sue this year as well as Tabitha (one of my cats). It hurts so much when they go to the Bridge.

I wasn't going to get any more bunnies but the empty hutch looked so sad and I kept thinking of the buns in rescue who could fill the hutch - and then I read about Bumble Boo in RIN and that was it - decision made!

I know Dylan is probably going to go to the Bridge some time this year as he is elderly and on daily metacam for his arthritis. I am trying to just live in the moment with him, as I did with Sue, and not to worry about the pain of the future - but I find it difficult.

Back