• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do my buns always sit in their little run?

bizziel

Alpha Buck
I have three runs attached to my bunny house, they are attached to each other by tunnels, see pic. The wooden run gets moved around the lawn to give them fresh grass and I close this one off when we are out and at night. My bunnies nearly always sit in the small middle run, they love it there! Does anyone know why this might be?
9f7b7432634e5da8110aa842a57506ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That's a lovely setup. Yes I agree they probably do feel safe, also they have access to grass there so maybe don't feel the need to go any further :lol:

Thanks Pets mum. They do tend to be a bit lazy so you might be right!

Mine do exactly the same. There is a very small run in the bunny garden with the door permanently open - and they do spend quite a lot of time sat in it. I was going to take it out, but decided to leave it as they like it.

It's weird isn't it? I would have thought yours Shimmer would like the open space of the bunny garden more than the small run. Maybe it is a safety thing, they feel safer in the enclosed space? Funny bunnies.

Back