• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do all my rabbits die young? :(

I agree with all these posts. Rabbits are very fragile creatures, some more than others, and I also think you have just been very unlucky. I can also appreciate how these deaths are terribly distressing for you and causing you to question what you could have done wrong. I think it would be a great shame if you decided not to bring more rabbits into your life. Sending hugs.

I'm happy to say that I've 'known' through your videos and pictures even your earliest bunnies (Jasper and Blossom) and always thought all of them were lovely bunnies with brilliant personalities. I've found it so sad every time one of them has gone over the bridge and haven't even met them in real life so it must be heartbreaking for you. Believe it or not you were one of the first people who taught me about proper bunny care and I've always respected how well you look after your bunnies and thought how lucky they must be (especially with their accommodation). Nobody should be criticizing you. So sorry for your losses.
Thinking of you, Reuben and Primrose xx

Last edited:
I'm so sorry you have found yourself in this situation :cry: I agree that it is quality of life that is the most important, and your rabbits really have the best quality of life possible.

I lost my 2 girls (sisters) Ginger and Apricot within 2 weeks of each other last autumn and then only a few months ago I lost my 2 boys (brothers) Dandy and Beano on the same day :cry: and I found it very hard to deal with losing them, as they were all relatively young. It made me doubt myself and how they were kept, but then when I had chance to think more rationally I knew I couldn't have done any more for them. Sometimes life is just not fair :cry:

At least we know they have had the happiest life possible whilst they are with us.

Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

I agree with all these posts. Rabbits are very fragile creatures, some more than others, and I also think you have just been very unlucky. I can also appreciate how these deaths are terribly distressing for you and causing you to question what you could have done wrong. I think it would be a great shame if you decided not to bring more rabbits into your life. Sending hugs.

^This. I know it's been so very difficult for you to say goodbye to these wonderful bunnies you've helped and cared for, but you have been all the world to them. I can't imagine how they would have done without you being their mum. (((((((Huge hugs)))))))

I can understand how you might not want to experience the sadness again though. After having animals all my life, I have reached a time when I can't think of bringing home any more and it has gutted me. :cry: But I am an old woman and you are a lovely young lady with so much love to give. I hope that perhaps you will find room in your heart again someday to offer the wonderful care you are capable of to another wee furry soul in need. ((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))

You are in my thoughts, Emma. Bless you and Primrose and Reuben. xxxxxxx

Thank you so much to all of you who've responded on here. You've all been so kind :love: I was in a sad place yesterday thinking about it all but you've helped to cheer me up and make it a little easier to accept that the short lives were just meant to be for my rabbits. xx

I'm also very sorry to hear about all your losses too xx

Back