• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why Are Rabbits So Difficult?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to lose my patience with rabbits very shortly! The 2 babies are stars, apart from the mess they make, which is a lot! Riley on the other hand is being a pain in the backside!

If these rabbits are now really such a 'pain in the backside', I am quite happy to drive over and collect them today. I have a Wendy house with attatched run that the babies can live in until they are speyed and a 6 foot double storey hutch with attatched small aviary Riley can live in. As soon as I move they will have bigger and better accomodation than what I can currently offer.

I am happy to be homechecked by anyone on here and would consider myself reasonably rabbit savvy. I also have a very good rabbit vet very local to myself.

If these rabbits are now really such a 'pain in the backside', I am quite happy to drive over and collect them today. I have a Wendy house with attatched run that the babies can live in until they are speyed and a 6 foot double storey hutch with attatched small aviary Riley can live in. As soon as I move they will have bigger and better accomodation than what I can currently offer.

I am happy to be homechecked by anyone on here and would consider myself reasonably rabbit savvy. I also have a very good rabbit vet very local to myself.

I have no idea why you are offering to come and collect them because I haven't mentioned anything about rehoming them. This thread was meant to be a jokey kind of thread, hence the ':lol:' smiley.

your accommodation sounds fab!! :D :wave:

I don't think Abi wants to rehome them though.

Last edited:
I told you the reasons it can be a VERY bad idea to keep them view/smell of each other Abi. I'm not going to repeat myself...but the pooing and weeing is a minor complaint than what could happen.

Janice...what a lovely offer.:)

I have no idea why you are offering to come and collect them because I haven't mentioned anything about rehoming them. This thread was meant to be a jokey kind of thread, hence the ':lol:' smiley.

I am very sorry Abi if I have misunderstood you, I have just returned from filling my car up with petrol just in case my services were required.

As you are aware most of us on this forum are very serious about the care we give to our pets including our rabbits and we want the best for them. When someone says that their rabbits are a 'pain in the backside' and that they are 'loosing their patience with rabbits' I use the maturity of my years to accept that these are the facts and try and offer advise or a solution to peoples problems / questions.

I am very sorry Abi if I have misunderstood you, I have just returned from filling my car up with petrol just in case my services were required.

As you are aware most of us on this forum are very serious about the care we give to our pets including our rabbits and we want the best for them. When someone says that their rabbits are a 'pain in the backside' and that they are 'loosing their patience with rabbits' I use the maturity of my years to accept that these are the facts and try and offer advise or a solution to peoples problems / questions.

:thumb:

You have the patience of a saint and a very kind heart :)

I agree with the others it's because he can smell the girls. When they're all neutered and bonded it should improve. If you don't want him under you bed you could make a makeshift barrier with boxes. Those low ones you get in supermarkets should work. If he isn't doing any harm under there though, why not let him?

Last edited:
I agree with the others it's becuase he can smell the girls. When they're all neutered and bonded it should improve. If you don't want him under you bed you could make a makeshift barrier with boxes. Those low ones you get in supermarkets should work. If he isn't doing any harm under there though, why not let him?[/QUOTE]

I think it's incase he wee's/poo's under there (by what I gather from an earlier post), I don't like my rats going under my chair because it's where I can't reach so if they do wee/poo I can't get under to clean it!

Not siding with anyone ..
Why are you picking on Abi?
There are loads of people on here that say stuff like 'who wants to take ******* home, she/he's been driving me nuts today!
I don't see a reply from you on there :?

There are loads of people on here that say stuff like 'who wants to take ******* home, she/he's been driving me nuts today!

Exactly what i'm thinking. There are a few threads on here saying 'Free to good home' and then they say that the rabbit is getting on their nerves but I don't see people offering to drive to their house and collect them. :roll:

I don't think anybody is picking on the op, Janice offered a home to the rabbits when the op stated she was finding the rabbits a pain etc, it was not an obvious joke before it was edited to add a smiley, I thought it was a kind offer

I don't think anybody is picking on the op, she offered a home to some rabbits when the op stated she was finding the rabbits a pain etc, it was not an obvious joke before it was edited to add a smiley, I thought it was a kind offer

It always did have a smiley in it though. :?
It was edited because of a spelling mistake. But others who put 'Free To Good Home' don't get people saying that they're happy to drive god knows how many miles to come and collect them, I wouldn't even put my rabbits through that much stress anyway.

It was edited because of a spelling mistake. But others who put 'Free To Good Home' don't get people saying that they're happy to drive god knows how many miles to come and collect them, I wouldn't even put my rabbits through that much stress anyway.

Your age will affect it.
I'm not saying it's right, but it's a lot more likely for a young teen to get bored and actually want rid of their pets when they get on their nerves.

Oh sorry I must have missed the smiley, read it again yourself though it does sound like you are really fed up, without knowing you are joking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back