• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

who are you with?

who are you with?

• petplan

Votes: 21 61.8%
  • helpucover

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • pets@home

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • other

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
Bupa :lol:. Nothing for the pets - I have a savings account for the animals and a credit card if it's more than a few thousand :shock:.

Petplan for both bunnies. Covered for life :thumb: and they pay up to £7k a year.

They've paid out more than £2000 for vet bills for Ash in the last 4 years without a quibble. I pay £13ish for Ash per month and £11ish for Bailey. My vet doesn't allow direct payments unfortunately so when Ash had a bill for £350 a couple of months ago I put it on the credit card, but they sent me the cheque within 2 weeks.

I'm very pleased to report that my first experience making a claim on Petplan insurance has been so easy and stress free.

When Peanut stopped eating he had his consultation and x-rays at our new Vet (£130) and then an overnight stay at the local hospital (£160).

Even though Petplan received the 'continuation claim form' from the hospital before they got the original claim form from our Vet they linked them together so we only had one excess fee of £55 to pay.:thumb:

Petplan sent a text to say they received the claim. I can then log on and track the claim online. I also telephoned this morning to make sure they had linked the two together ok. They had.:D

2 bunnies with Pets at Home
2 pets with Exotic Direct.

I did have one bunny with Petplan but the policy went up to about £175 and I had never claimed so swapped to Exotic Direct and it was £100 cheaper.

Pets at home takes weeks, even a few months to pay out after they say they have closed the claim and you have to be constantly phoning and emailing before you get your money back. They lose paperwork all the time. :roll: The excess is £75 plus 10% of the total vet bill.

The excess with Exotic Direct is only £35.00. Have only claimed with them once and they paid within a week of receiving the claim from the vets.

Back