• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where to get water nipples? Please.

kevin60

New Kit
I'm shocked at the prices of water bottles these days. Is there a water nipple feeder that can be screwed onto a normal pop/drinks bottle?

Also, for the future, I'm thinking of an automatic watering system run directly off the water mains (low pressure valve attached). Can anyone tell me where I can get these please, hopefully ones that can be pierced/attached to a hosepipe dedicated for the job?

I hope these questions are okay with everybody - I'm just getting everything just perfect before my bunnies arrive!

Many thanks.

hi water bottles are quite cheap and some bunnies like a bowl
http://www.petsathome.com/shop/colortone-bunny-bottle-by-classic-33624

also you cant do an automatic watering system as it wont work bunnies need thier water to be changed and made up fresh every day. they also need to be cleaned regularly to stop algea building up. a bottle brush or rice is good for doing this! also you would need to feed the bunny at least twice a day anyway and clean its litter tray daily, so it wont take two minuites to do the water bottles too! :) hope this helps xx

I thought the auto watering system delivered fresh water 24/7?

But your reply does help lots - thank you and the link is brilliant as the one I saw was selling bottles at £12 each! £2 is a better bet! Thanks again!

Bottles are on average £1.50 from the local pet shop near me, for the large size, they arent expensive :wave:

I thought the auto watering system delivered fresh water 24/7?

But your reply does help lots - thank you and the link is brilliant as the one I saw was selling bottles at £12 each! £2 is a better bet! Thanks again!

the problem is the pipes can get a build up of bacteria which for bunnies is mega bad news also you cannot monitor how much they are drinking which along with the amount they are eating and pooing is often the best indication you have of their health and bunnies can go down hill within 12-24hours from fine to dead so really you do need to keep an eye on this! :) xx

hi water bottles are quite cheap and some bunnies like a bowl
http://www.petsathome.com/shop/colortone-bunny-bottle-by-classic-33624

also you cant do an automatic watering system as it wont work bunnies need thier water to be changed and made up fresh every day. they also need to be cleaned regularly to stop algea building up. a bottle brush or rice is good for doing this! also you would need to feed the bunny at least twice a day anyway and clean its litter tray daily, so it wont take two minuites to do the water bottles too! :) hope this helps xx

What do you mean by rice? How would rice clean a water bottle? :? *sorry, I'm new to the world of bunnies* lol :)

What do you mean by rice? How would rice clean a water bottle? *sorry, I'm new to the world of bunnies* lol

If you put some dry rice in the bottles with a drop of water and shake it cleans of all the algea. You then just chuck the rice away.

If you put some dry rice in the bottles with a drop of water and shake it cleans of all the algea. You then just chuck the rice away.

Well I never knew that one either :oops: This place is great for tips - even though I've kept bunnies as a full time hobby for 6 years I've never heard of this one.

Well I never knew that one either :oops: This place is great for tips - even though I've kept bunnies as a full time hobby for 6 years I've never heard of this one.

yes i find its the best way make sure you fully rince out all the rice though as if not it could clog the spout! also sometimes if bottles have been left a longer time you need a bit more rice (obviously if done regualrly a small amount should do it! ) xx

Back