• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where oh where to put all the rabbit belongings

Do you still have bunny tuck shop with all those lovely glass jars of forage?

I currently have a very comfy beanbag in Rudeys room (timothy hay bale covered in fleece)

I made a bunny bar in their room so I have hay to the left of it and I have shelving to the right for forage and toys.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Loving all the storage ideas.

Maybe could start a thread with pictures to give every one ideas.

Oh wow that is a lot of stuff and a huge amount of hay. We live in a flat so space is limited but would love a shed Or outdoor storage.

How much smaller is the new house [emoji38] sounds like you will have to find inventive ways of storing boxes and hay.

Our last hamster went to the bridge in December :( have only just been able to part with all her toys and stuff although have kept custom made hamster mansions ( that I built ) and turned them into rabbit and education storage spaces for now.

The new house a lot smaller [emoji38][emoji38] I'm currently staying with my parents whilst I do the house up, and they have quite a big place, with double garage, and huge garden. Also their rooms are huge because it's a bungalow [emoji38] my house is a 3 bed semi-detached edwardian house... So nice, but small [emoji38] and one of those bedrooms I wouldn't even call a bedroom, going to be extending up into loft and out the back but still a small place, and the gardens tiddy [emoji38] everytime my architect is like yea we can probably get some storage in here, blah blah blah, I'm always thinking yes another hay cupboard! [emoji38] I'm hoping to give all 4 buns the master bedroom to themselves (when I say this people think I'm nuts..) [emoji38] and I'll sleep in the new loft room [emoji38] gotta measure it still, I hope it's big enough. Because then my garden won't be engulfed by a crazy bunny enclosure [emoji38] that's the plan anyway, but I'm very aware I'm losing the garage space

I'm so sorry about your hammie :'( I have two atm, they're such special little animals, I seriously had no idea, I've always been really scared of them (bad experience when I was little) but I decided I needed to tackle that, so I got Gus, and now cottonball too, hammies are such fun, and I seriously overlooked them :D

Quiet a drastic loss of space then. On the up side the new house sounds wonderful and why not have your bedroom in the loft conversion I think it would be great :D obviously hay cupboards are the most important thing in the whole plan :lol: rabbits in the master bedroom :eek: they have you wrapped round their little fury paws and are deafinantly lord and lady of the manor :D

She had a long life for a hamster these days but it doesn’t make it easyer I still miss her every day. She was 4 when we had to let her go. We had 6 in total at one point. Oh no I’m sorry you had a bad experiance but glad you were able to find out how specil they are. Gus is so cute :D have not seen cotton tail.

Quiet a drastic loss of space then. On the up side the new house sounds wonderful and why not have your bedroom in the loft conversion I think it would be great :D obviously hay cupboards are the most important thing in the whole plan [emoji38] rabbits in the master bedroom :eek: they have you wrapped round their little fury paws and are deafinantly lord and lady of the manor :D

She had a long life for a hamster these days but it doesn’t make it easyer I still miss her every day. She was 4 when we had to let her go. We had 6 in total at one point. Oh no I’m sorry you had a bad experiance but glad you were able to find out how specil they are. Gus is so cute :D have not seen cotton tail.

Yes very much so [emoji38] yea I say to people oh yea they'll have the master but it's okay really, as there'll be an en suite on the top floor (true but otherwise non bunny people think I've lost it[emoji38]) master is the bigger room I think, I want then to have lots of space :D

Wow that's a fantastic age! She did really well :) my childhood hammie lived til 3 and a half years, which the vet couldn't believe [emoji38] cottonball is a roborovski dwarf, I rescued her and her baby, her baby sadly didn't make it :( cottonball is very old now, here she is :)
caa0eb036dcdc1b6ddda46cb8611d2a9.jpg

Yes very much so [emoji38] yea I say to people oh yea they'll have the master but it's okay really, as there'll be an en suite on the top floor (true but otherwise non bunny people think I've lost it[emoji38]) master is the bigger room I think, I want then to have lots of space :D

Wow that's a fantastic age! She did really well :) my childhood hammie lived til 3 and a half years, which the vet couldn't believe [emoji38] cottonball is a roborovski dwarf, I rescued her and her baby, her baby sadly didn't make it :( cottonball is very old now, here she is :)
caa0eb036dcdc1b6ddda46cb8611d2a9.jpg

Huge difrence between caring and being a little crazy and your definantly on the right side of the line :D

Oh no I’m sorry you lost cottontail’s baby :( cottontail is such a georgous girl :) we had Russian dwarfs and Roborovski dwarfs. We also had gunipigs to as well as cats

Huge difrence between caring and being a little crazy and your definantly on the right side of the line :D

Oh no I’m sorry you lost cottontail’s baby :( cottontail is such a georgous girl :) we had Russian dwarfs and Roborovski dwarfs. We also had gunipigs to as well as cats

Yea to non animal people though, my life is very weird [emoji38] day to day I interact with people who don't like animals or never had any really, most is maybe a cat.. [emoji38] So my rabbits life, and how much I spend per month, and just having 4 is a bit much for most people [emoji38] they just can't understand [emoji38]

Yea she's a qt, her baby could only walk in circles was very sad I had her put down two weeks after we rescued them because she wasn't good :( I was so worried without her baby she'd die, she looked very lonely for a while, but we changed her tank and gave her lots to do, and she slowly got over it :) ah I've never had guinea pigs before, they make noises which spook me [emoji38] and I always think they smell bad when I go past in pets at home, but it may just be how they're cared for there Idk!

I'm hoping to give all 4 buns the master bedroom to themselves (when I say this people think I'm nuts..) [emoji38] and I'll sleep in the new loft room [emoji38]
Having had a rabbit in the (converted) attic you don't want them up there because it's so noisy when you're trying to sleep, so best you do go up there! :lol: Lopsy used to phantom-perceive phantoms and thump at them, once every 3-5mins in the middle of the night :roll:

We're lucky to have a garage but it's full of bunny stuff XD There's a few bits inside, so towels, Snugglesafes, stuff like that, but the rest is poorly arranged in the poorly arranged garage!

Having had a rabbit in the (converted) attic you don't want them up there because it's so noisy when you're trying to sleep, so best you do go up there! [emoji38] Lopsy used to phantom-perceive phantoms and thump at them, once every 3-5mins in the middle of the night :roll:

We're lucky to have a garage but it's full of bunny stuff XD There's a few bits inside, so towels, Snugglesafes, stuff like that, but the rest is poorly arranged in the poorly arranged garage!
Hahaha I didn't even think of that! Very good point. Main reason I assumed we'd sleep in the loft is because I assumed the bunnies don't need an en suite.. You never know tho! [emoji38]

Back