• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where do you keep your hay?

In the dishwasher, my bed & bra :lol: that's what it feels like.
Microwave: Snugglesafes drag it everywhere! Someone asked once 'why is there hay in the microwave?' and when I said 'bunnies' he looked even more confused! :lol:

Here's my solution: two bales on Ikea storage racks (worked out better value than Argos whe I bought them), although they don't quite fit a whole bale so I have to take the first 'ream' off and that goes on the rack closest to the door (bottom left of photo). The third bale (I can easily fit 3 in my Corsa ;P) is on garden kneelers :D

C7Cx0gtWYAEqHR7.jpg

(Apologies for terrible massive phone photo)

Since my bunnies are indoors, their hay stays in the box it's mailed in. Climate controlled room, so not much danger of moisture gathering. Our supplier is just upstate in Washington and their hay is always nicely packed. :)

TBH, that's how I kept it in Alaska too...our house was so low in humidity I doubt there was much worry about mould. Here I'd be more concerned with the ocean right down the road and how misty it gets at night.

I keep the bulk of it (I buy 2 large bales at a time as I use a lot of hay for the goats) in a plastic shed. The plastic shed is not very sturdy, and Pumpkin has made some ventilation holes in it in an attempt to get into it :shock: :lol: when I first bring it home I put a couple of sections into those large supermarket bags, and hang them from coat hooks high up on the wall in Frosty's room, so that it's convenient for feeding him :thumb: I keep the grass tastic chopped grass in another bag on a hook too :thumb:

Microwave: Snugglesafes drag it everywhere! Someone asked once 'why is there hay in the microwave?' and when I said 'bunnies' he looked even more confused! :lol:

Here's my solution: two bales on Ikea storage racks (worked out better value than Argos whe I bought them), although they don't quite fit a whole bale so I have to take the first 'ream' off and that goes on the rack closest to the door (bottom left of photo). The third bale (I can easily fit 3 in my Corsa ;P) is on garden kneelers :D

C7Cx0gtWYAEqHR7.jpg

(Apologies for terrible massive phone photo)

I love your photo :)

You must have a fair number of mouths to feed with storing all that hay!!

You must have a fair number of mouths to feed with storing all that hay!!
No, just the two, and they're eschewing the hay in favour of everything else at the moment since it's spring! :lol: This should last me until Christmas I reckon: I like bulk-buying XD And I don't use the garage much, at least not that end of it!

No, just the two, and they're eschewing the hay in favour of everything else at the moment since it's spring! :lol: This should last me until Christmas I reckon: I like bulk-buying XD And I don't use the garage much, at least not that end of it!

Oh what fussy bunnies :lol:

Since my bunnies are indoors, their hay stays in the box it's mailed in. Climate controlled room, so not much danger of moisture gathering. Our supplier is just upstate in Washington and their hay is always nicely packed. :)

TBH, that's how I kept it in Alaska too...our house was so low in humidity I doubt there was much worry about mould. Here I'd be more concerned with the ocean right down the road and how misty it gets at night.

Sounds great! :)

I must say I hadn't thought too much about moisture, but us using wheelie bins ought to make sure there are breathable holes then, given the UK's humid climate

I keep the bulk of it (I buy 2 large bales at a time as I use a lot of hay for the goats) in a plastic shed. The plastic shed is not very sturdy, and Pumpkin has made some ventilation holes in it in an attempt to get into it :shock: :lol: when I first bring it home I put a couple of sections into those large supermarket bags, and hang them from coat hooks high up on the wall in Frosty's room, so that it's convenient for feeding him :thumb: I keep the grass tastic chopped grass in another bag on a hook too :thumb:

How often do you have to stock up on hay bales Zoobec? :)

How often do you have to stock up on hay bales Zoobec? :)
It depends on the time of year, in winter they will eat about a horse bale in a week if it's cold or wet. In summer they don't eat as much as there is plenty of grass and weeds. Now I've got 4 goats not 2, I'll have to go more often! Their hay rack holds about a third of a bale :thumb: they are quite small goats though (Pygmy)

The ings just arrived (looks less impressive than TH but smells lovely) Delivery driver informs me "thats the first of six" :shock:, fortunately the other stuff was not bunny related

Great isn't it, he has largest cupboard in kitchen lol hay on bottom, food and treats and litter pellets top shelf, even part of the fridge is know as the rabbit drawer with greens etc in lol

Yes .. I wish I had that much space! :lol:

A shelf for the vet beds. Bag of hay - well several really :) Etc... etc ...

I have a little cupboard inside the bunnies enclosure where i keep everything, and since Rosie passed i've converted her hutch (which was attached to the cupboard) into another cupboard for their straw, towels, spare bits and medical box :)

Back