• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's the silliest thing your Rabbits have ever done?

Apache tried to hang himself on a curtain cord, that was pretty silly :roll:

He also climbs up things and can't get down.

Sorrel used to be good at climbing on the worktop to get in the fruit bowl....she also liked to fish things out of the bin, run up to me, wave them in my face, then dash away (and I think she was laughing while she did it)

Rosie ran in to a glass table.
Rosie also tried to eat Jane Dexters lemon from her glass of coke. She kept pulling a face like she didn't like it but kept going back.
Rosie also decided she wasn't veggi and ate the spicy pork off a pizza that someone dropped on the floor.
Sooty went charging on to a very slippery surface and realised he couldn't stop. He put on the brakes but still went bump.
Honey found the pellets, ate a huge amount and gave herself stasis.
Panda snorts when he sees a broom.

Last edited:
Rosie also decided she wasn't veggi and ate the spicy pork off a pizza that someone dropped on the floor.

Sooty went charging on to a very slippery surface and realised he couldn't stop. He put on the brakes but still went bump.

Panda snorts when he sees a broom.

My rabbits have done these before. Anipse hates brooms and attacks when she sees one... or a shoe.. she hates shoes. I have to go into the shed in socks or bare feet as she attacks shoes on sight :roll:

Nutmeg tries to jump up the glass in the conservatory and even the brick wall a la spiderman, then looks suprprised when she falls :roll::lol: not only that she then tries again, and again and again....

when I got my two spayed, I brought them home and left them in their cage overnight. Let them out about 1pm the next day for a bit of freerange time. I lifted their cage lid off and created steps etc to let them get out without potentially pulling stitches etc.

They went LEGGING IT AROUND :shock: Nenä flopped on my footstool, and fell off the other side. I was so scared that she'd pulled some stitches out. :( I picked her up, inspected, all was fine. Put her down, she stomped and ran off.

Täplä jumped 4 foot and poked her head above my shed stable door yesterday. Gonna have to make sure I close the top part to avoid her doing that again, potentially pretty dangerous :shock:

Every time one of them binkies into the other and scares the bejebus out of them :roll:

Any time they lick the sofa/floor/blanket etc. Just look nuts. :roll:

Them attacking the open cage door. They just get offended by it and decide it needs punches and bites... :roll:

Oh, haha, just remembered this. When I first got the crates under my bed they were empty and Mini pushed one of the sides in and got in there but then couldn't get out! Mini does have a tendency to get herself stuck in places!

Eva, a foster bun, totally disappeared from the back garden one day. I was in a huge panic, checked all the hiding places and fence for any signs she had dug her way out but there was nothing.

While I contemplated having to tell the rescue I had lost a rabbit, I fed the rest of them. I lifted the tarp off the hay on top of the hutch to find Eva sitting on top of the hay. 6.5 feet off the ground! I put her in her hutch and she drank and drank. Poor wee thing. At least I know where to look now!:lol:

Cupcake binkies into walls ALL the time.:roll:
Benji does what Gemmapookie's Max does, tries to jump on my bed and fails miserably:lol:

Bailey and Binky figured how to get on the kitchen table - I have a video I've been meaning to post actually - must remmeber to do it.

They had an upside down box under the table for sitting on. They'd jump on that, then onto a chair, then onto the hay bag on the chair then onto the table! They knew exactly where the treats are kept!!!

Sebastian binkied into the radiator when he was a baby :lol:
When he was little he used to wee on the bed, one day he discovered he could jump up by himself, every time I would take him off he would get back on :lol: he didnt get the hint at all :roll:

He also gets himself into a tight spot and then cant work out how to get out again :roll:

My Nino (RIP) was as daft as a brush :lol::lol:

In his lifetime he ate a glass bead - crunched it up and swallowed it! :shock: Tried to do the same with the cap off the fibreplex which was on the floor when I turned round to get something, tried to swallow a syringe with medicine in it, drank from a bowl of disinfectant! :shock: Paused on the top step of the flight of stairs to periscope for food from me and fell backwards down the whole flight (thank god no injuries!!) Ate a cuckoopint leaf in my dad's lawn before I could stop him, tried digging and eating an ants nest! :roll: Jumped on my lap when there was a plate of toast and blackcurrant jam balanced there - cue bunny with purple feet! :roll: and would spend hours of the day just doing circuits around the sofa or the pillar in the kitchen - highly reptitive and a little bit neurotic and obsessional! :lol: But we loved him dearly :love: and now he's gone and I miss all those stupid things he used to do :cry:

ETA Oh i've forgotten the time he leaned out of the top level of the hutch to smell the hay in the box I was getting out for them.... leaned out so far that when Poppy nudged him he fell out a few feet onto a concrete floor and smashed his front teeth... :cry::cry: He recovered from it fine and his incisors grew back thank god, no jaw breakage by a miracle. We fitted magnetic catches as a back up to the door catches after that to stop it happening again.

esme like to prune the plants (particularly hostas). when it rains, these big scoopy leaves can hold a lot of water so as she pulls the leaf down to nibble, the water plops on her head. she never runs away - she just stares at me an thumps like its allllll my fault:roll:

eric......where do i start:shock:eek:ne of his funniest recently was jumping up onto the sofa where ds was sat eating his tea (yup, trays in this house as essie lives under the big table - all kitted out with hidey holes and boxes for her:oops:). one very indignant eric with tomato ketchup paws and one miffed son who had to wait for me to cook more tea:roll:

Sora has stood under the mini-table in the living room, and suddenly decided to turn around, but forgot the table leg was in the way and smacked the side of her face into it :lol:

Smudgie has jumped up onto the decking, it's about 25cm off the ground and he put too much force into his back legs when he jumped and did a forward somersault and landed flat on his back :roll::lol:

Both were fine btw, so I can guiltlessly laugh at them :lol:

when darcy was a baby, she got stuck behind the toilet! And then managed to fall down the toilet somehow!!! I had to wrap her up in a towell and put her by the radiator!
Darcy also has a habit of bunny flopping on my bed, and falling off! Its so funny because i can see it happening before it happens, the kind of pre-bunny flop facial expression then Oh shes dissapeared down the side of the bed..

what makes me laugh the most is that i'll put a mint leaf in my mouth and darcy will run up and steal it! Gives me a mental image of darcy happily prising vegetables from my cold dead hands!

My buns have always been indoor buns with access to outside. They always used to avoid outside if it was raining/windy, or I'd shut the door to stop it getting soaking inside.

Anyway they live in a shed with attached run now, and they just went out into their run and didn't wanna put any paws on the wet grass :lol: they were hopping around like right little idiots :lol:! they were barely putting their back paws down, and flicking their back feet every jump :lol: I was in stitches watching them :roll:

Silly things :lol::lol::lol:

Jack managed to knock his box of treats from on to of his carrier. Went in to his room to find he had emptied the box on the floor and eaten most of them lol.

Back