• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What vacuum cleaner for hay/droppings?

Sarah, they don't jam on day 1. The hay accumulate and suck out at the neck when it turns up (the joint part when the flat part touch the ground, and the tube vertically up), in a few usage, when the hay all jam up, that's where you have to take that part apart.

I have to do after several usage

I think it depends on the hay you use. Mine is thick and coarse and it blocks my Henry. I do sweep up a lot of it as its too expensive to suck up Timothy, but the rest gets stuck at the neck of Henry. I just hoover everything up and then take off the hose and empty the end of the hose where the hay has accumulated. I would, however, not purchase a Henry if my purpose was to hoover Hay. I still think its great for everything else. I would think a bagless hoover would be fine.

I have a Dyson Pet hoover which works great. I do have to clear out the head after a while of the hay that gets jammed but thats just maintenance. I got it way back in 2004 and its been good to me so far - fingers crossed!:D I always sweep up the majority of they hay (big bits) with my dustpan and brush and hoover the rest tho for just in cases sake x

exactly, that's what happens to mine. The hay get stuck at the neck. So cleaning becomes a 2 stage process, hang pick up the hay, then vaccum.

Back