• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to put in a digging box

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
Flopsy and Pebbles are going to be getting a preloved digging box tomorrow from an RU member who was selling it.

They are outdoor bunnies so I was wondering what to put in it? I don't want them using it as a litter tray.

Any ideas? They are both very excited :)

Have they done any investigating in the digging box yet? Lovely to meet you yesterday [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know. It was dark when I fed them before work this morning and dark when I got home from work. I did put the light on and took the lid off the digging box but I couldn't tell if they have been in there or not. I put shredded paper in there to start with.

I need to clean them out tomorrow so may pop them in there so they know it is OK.

It is an awesome box. Thank you Natalie for letting me have it at such a reasonable price. It's so well made. I have told the buns very firmly that they are not to eat it. Your buns are so good - I can't see any nibbles at all. Mine are currently eating part of their hutch.

When I had a group of six bunnies they literally did eat the legs of their double hutch and I had to prop it up on bricks. Then they chewed the door. (I didn't keep six bunnies in one hutch - they had two double hutches to choose from and slept in different combinations each night - but it never broke their bond).

Back