• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging box ideas

Floppylop

Young Bun
Just wondering what I could use in a digging box, I had thought of soil (loam/peat) but worried they might get soil in their eyes, ideas pleas anyone?

Just wondering what I could use in a digging box, I had thought of soil (loam/peat) but worried they might get soil in their eyes, ideas pleas anyone?

I think they will be fine with soil. When I get round to getting one I'll prob use mixture of soil & play sand. Hope your bunnies enjoy it :love:

Wild bunnies have no issues digging in soil. Neither do some of mine...

Your choice of substrate might depend on where you have the digging box, and how much cleaning up you want to do. Mine can spread soil several feet away when they start tunneling. I imagine that bagged compost would spread further as it is lighter. Sand can be a nuisance if you start treading it indoors, but would help keep their nails shorter.

Back