• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what to do when on holiday.....

Hi Poppymoon
We own and run Holiday Hutches, you are more than welcome to come and have a look around here if you wish to compare boarding places in your local area. You will find it spotless and quite a few people from on here use us and some even travel to us even though they live only just round the corner from other boarding places within our region. We have references from our customers and letters of thanks and some saying why they use us rather than other establishments that they have used or visited previously too.:D

many thanks holiday hutches. i live quite a long way (midlands) from you but we are flying from manchester...hmmm:?

We are 1.5 hours from Manchester Airport:D

geography not my strong point but you're an hour and a half across the way from manchester? (i meant east, sorry:oops:)

i'm at least an hour and a half from manchester (on a good day depending on the lovely m6.....) so i think that would be way too far to take eric on a journey:(

x

We don't go on holiday as I wouldn't want to leave the bunnies. Mine are both house rabbits and I won't like to leave them and just have someone coming on twice a day as illness could easily go unnoticed and I would never forgive myself if something happened.

We don't go on holiday as I wouldn't want to leave the bunnies. Mine are both house rabbits and I won't like to leave them and just have someone coming on twice a day as illness could easily go unnoticed and I would never forgive myself if something happened.

my holiday was booked way before i rescued eric but he needed taking care of so thoughts of the hol were not uppermost in my mind compared to his little sad face :oops:(my sister had offered to have him stay at her house for the week but this is what i'm concerned about).

don't think hol insurance covers not wanting to leave eric.....:(

x

remember rabbits don't fair well on long journeys nd there will be good local places, Give your vets a ring they will give you a list , go and check local places and see what you think , see if theperson doing the caring knows their stuff speak to referees of the the facilities. We were lucky our vets new where we board our bunnies but did advise that we were quite a long way from where we go to and that this idea of travel wasn't good but if we had to as seen in another post was able to advise us on how to travel. We did consult a local vet but they didn't seem rabbit savvy. hence now we travel from Darton to Woodseats

geography not my strong point but you're an hour and a half across the way from manchester? (i meant east, sorry:oops:)

i'm at least an hour and a half from manchester (on a good day depending on the lovely m6.....) so i think that would be way too far to take eric on a journey:(

x

I hope you find someone nearer to home Poppy :) We have had buns travel further than that and as you may have seen on this forum rabbits go on bunny runs from one end of the country to the other to be rehomed, but I do accept that it can all depend on the individual bun and no one knows your bun better than you. I hope you find somewhere you are happy with closer to home and have a good holiday.

I can see where you are coming from hun. My Ronnie doesnt travel well at all, and i wouldnt consider taking him too far in the car as he ends up with stasis :(

I am in Cannock, and am more than happy to have him here for a few days indoors if he can be got to me :) I am not a bunny boarding place though. xXx

I can see where you are coming from hun. My Ronnie doesnt travel well at all, and i wouldnt consider taking him too far in the car as he ends up with stasis :(

I am in Cannock, and am more than happy to have him here for a few days indoors if he can be got to me :) I am not a bunny boarding place though. xXx

thats really kind of you, thank you:) it would be great for him to stay with a bunny mummy close by - cannock not too far. problem is tho, he's due to have his last abx jab at the vets today (hopefully) as he has pasteurella and as it wasn't treated properly early on, stands a chance it will be there for good and could rear its ugly head at any time:(

i'd hate to pass that onto any of your bunnies:cry:

x

Back