• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What should I do re: excess caecotrophs??

What should I do?

• Cut down his pellets?

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Cut down his vegetables?

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Take him to the vets for a dental (I assume he had one 6 weeks ago when he was neutered)

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Just leave him as he is and see if his stomach settles

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would try taking out the kale and the watercress. Both I have noticed can cause sticky bums in mine. Insted perhaps try some celery, raddish, cauliflower & mangetout.

also you can get some probiotic from P@h called pro c or something like that. Add it to his water.

I vote 2, but I should vote for 1, 2 and 3.

If your bun start off w/ a small amt. of caecotroph, then there is more as the week stretch out, then there is a good chance that his teeth is growing too long. It's a sign. This is documented in Dr. H Brown's rabbit medicine book

If it's just a little bit, don't worry about it

thank you. he seems pretty consistent throughout the week. I've cut back his veg and pellets, and got some lovely golden poops :)

Oh my goodness, he has just done the biggest caecotroph I've ever seen :shock: he is eating it off the floor though...... :shock::shock::shock: I wonder if all the others have been giant and he has just eaten some so I think they are quite small..... :shock: it is a PILE. huge.

Back