• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what shall I do? - free bunny :/ UPDATE P3

It still :censored: me off that people 'let them go'. It's not :censored: letting them go, it's kicking them out of home with an eat me sign on their heads.

I would have to take the little mite and worry about what to do with him later!

This is how i ended up with Lola :cry: A 'friend' said she was going to let her go over the chase :cry:

I do hope you manage to save the bunny xXx

i think if you do take it you must be prepared to keep it. you cant assume that you will find it a loving home in this current recession.

i wouldnt take it myself. goodluck if you do get it tho :wave::wave:

update

Well I went home to get the carrier and went round to get the poor thing and it had gone! I was thinking the worst and asked to go and see where it had been living (and also to see what else they had) - which surprisingly they let me, the poor thing was living in a box :cry:.

I asked where it had gone and he just said to 'someone else' so I talked to him and got quite a lot of info - the bun was 19 weeks and had been living with 2 other rabbits until a few weeks ago - those 2 have also 'gone'. I finally got out of him that 'IT had gone over the road with the oldies' :shock:

So I have just gone over to the house he pointed at to see if the bun was really there and it was :D:love:
We think its a she and she is such a lucky bunny, as the couple (not oldies - only in their 60s) are so sweet and have already sorted out a lovely little home for her - using a play run. She has already got a name 'Daisy'. I sat and had a cup of tea and even though they dont know anything about rabbits - I know where she is now is 100% better than before. I have just taken over a litter tray and a bag of hay for them, pellets and toys and they were lovely and offered me money for them which I didnt want. and Daisy started munching straight away though they had given her some veg and water already.

Im a bit worried that she could be pregnant - is that possible at 5 months? if she had been living with other buns - I have told the couple that and they are happy to keep her whatever - we will cross that bridge when we come to it!

It turned out that the house of horrors had posted letters to all the neighbours( as I said before this is a good thing at least) and the couple went straight round this morning to get her :love: Im glad she landed in the right hands too!!
So there we are - I was secretly looking forward to getting another bun (she was a ginger and white dutch :love:) but im so glad shes got a good home and I really couldnt have fitted her in here and we may even be wrong assuming she is a she! They are ringing in the morning for a vets appointment!

Anyway Im really happy as I have been invited to go round and visit anytime - I think they like the company and I can see little daisy as well :D

Well I went home to get the carrier and went round to get the poor thing and it had gone! I was thinking the worst and asked to go and see where it had been living (and also to see what else they had) - which surprisingly they let me, the poor thing was living in a box :cry:.

I asked where it had gone and he just said to 'someone else' so I talked to him and got quite a lot of info - the bun was 19 weeks and had been living with 2 other rabbits until a few weeks ago - those 2 have also 'gone'. I finally got out of him that 'IT had gone over the road with the oldies' :shock:

So I have just gone over to the house he pointed at to see if the bun was really there and it was :D:love:
We think its a she and she is such a lucky bunny, as the couple (not oldies - only in their 60s) are so sweet and have already sorted out a lovely little home for her - using a play run. She has already got a name 'Daisy'. I sat and had a cup of tea and even though they dont know anything about rabbits - I know where she is now is 100% better than before. I have just taken over a litter tray and a bag of hay for them, pellets and toys and they were lovely and offered me money for them which I didnt want. and Daisy started munching straight away though they had given her some veg and water already.

Im a bit worried that she could be pregnant - is that possible at 5 months? if she had been living with other buns - I have told the couple that and they are happy to keep her whatever - we will cross that bridge when we come to it!

It turned out that the house of horrors had posted letters to all the neighbours( as I said before this is a good thing at least) and the couple went straight round this morning to get her :love: Im glad she landed in the right hands too!!
So there we are - I was secretly looking forward to getting another bun (she was a ginger and white dutch :love:) but im so glad shes got a good home and I really couldnt have fitted her in here and we may even be wrong assuming she is a she! They are ringing in the morning for a vets appointment!

Anyway Im really happy as I have been invited to go round and visit anytime - I think they like the company and I can see little daisy as well :D

Oh thats brilliant, I am actually relieved for you aswell Kath, who knows what you might have been facing, thats really nice and you have made friends with them aswell which is brilliant. Just have to get them online on RU next :lol: I think you couldn't have asked for a better scenario, I hope they will look after her and you can give lots of tips and advice, maybe share a bale of hay etc xx

Oh thats brilliant, I am actually relieved for you aswell Kath, who knows what you might have been facing, thats really nice and you have made friends with them aswell which is brilliant. Just have to get them online on RU next :lol: I think you couldn't have asked for a better scenario, I hope they will look after her and you can give lots of tips and advice, maybe share a bale of hay etc xx

Im relieved too now I have had time to think - I really want a rescue bun for charlie and really dont want to do another bonding! Not sure even is she is a she so dont fancy bonding 2 boys and also if she is pregnant!! :shock:argghhh

... so all good, I will help them out quite a bit so will see the bun anyway - she is a sweetie and fine with cuddles :love:

that's great. i hope the 'oldies' keep in touch - they'll love having a bunny!

yeh they are already talking to her like a baby and asking lots of questions about bunnies - I have also told them about this site - so you never know they might come on! They want the very best for her - you never know this could be the start of many for them like the rest of us!

by 5 months on a dutchie you should really see the plumbs it is indeed that old, the vet will confirm anyway,

I think its loverly that a home has been found and you have made welcome too, I take you left a number or something, I have a feel the next few weeks you may see a lot of "her", being drilled lots of care questions :love: :D

I suppose there no chance of finding out where the other 2 went ?

That's brilliant news. At least she landed on her paws with some reliable sounding owners.

Can you find out about the other two?

That is great news. I am so relieved that she has got a lovely caring home with this couple and so kind of you to take all the bits for the bunny. I hope you do keep in touch with them and Daisy and see her often. I hope that they are able to build up their rabbit knowledge bit by bit - taking her to the vets straight away is a great start :D

Perhaps for every lousy person in this world there is one (if not two, three!) lovely ones! :D

I was worried what was going to happen and this couldnt have turned out better.

Back