• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is Pippin's colouring called?

Rabbit genes fascinate me! Poor Bugsy is just a bog standard agouti, Chloe is a non-pure black as she has too many white hairs, Poppy is a part lionhead harlequin...again inperfect marking, and hardly any mane :lol: And Pebs is a butterfly gone dreadfully wrong but I love them all :love::love:

Rabbit genes fascinate me! Poor Bugsy is just a bog standard agouti, Chloe is a non-pure black as she has too many white hairs, Poppy is a part lionhead harlequin...again inperfect marking, and hardly any mane :lol: And Pebs is a butterfly gone dreadfully wrong but I love them all :love::love:

I love it too! I really want to learn more about it. They sound seriously adorable :love:

She's a seal point (Might also be called sable point, but seal is just a really dark seal point) :)

Himalayan's have solid coloured points (black, blue, chocolate or lilac), whereas the dark bits on your rabbits extremities fade to brown, and Pippin isn't entirely brown with black points like a seal or siamese sable would be, so yeah the in-between is Seal/Sable Point :)

Rabbit genetics really are fascinating, and not all that complicated to be honest (although remembering which combinations produces what can be :lol: ), although I never really use them as I can tell most colours from photo's

Last edited:
Back