• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is a skirt?

Is this a skirt?

Violet4.jpg

As I think Violet has one too - but to me she looks like she needs to lose weight not put it on - her body is huge compared to her head - apparently she had a tiny hutch and no opportunity to excercise!

Caz

Caz said:
Is this a skirt?

Violet4.jpg

As I think Violet has one too - but to me she looks like she needs to lose weight not put it on - her body is huge compared to her head - apparently she had a tiny hutch and no opportunity to excercise!

Caz

Nah its a ball gown with a duck tail pleat at the back :lol: :lol: only joking.

I dont know Caz as I have never seen a rabbit skirt before, had'nt even heard of a skirt until the other day.

Denny said:
:lol: :lol: could have asked him today as he flew out this morning....

You'll have to catch him on his way back :wink: It would be a great song to have as back ground music whilst perusing the rabbit channel of RR :thumb:

Will run that past him, he's always very friendly

My mind is running away with me now :roll: :roll: thinking of song titles that could be altered to include bunny in it, compile a tape of bunny songs :lol: :lol:[/quote]

***puts thinking cap on*****

I don't know if this is using the term in the same way, but in the show world the term skirt usually refers to a young lionhead as they often have as well as the mane longer fur round there bums. As they get older this will moult out (or gets pulled out) as it is a fault. I will try to find a pic so you can see what i mean

Yvonne

Yvonne said:
found a pic, if you go to www.geocities.com/lionheadrabbits/lionheads.htm
and scroll down to the section entitled 'from ugly duckling to beautiful swan' there is a picture there of a 9wk old black lionhead with a visable skirt which is also mentioned in the description.

Yvonne

Who can call little bunnies ugly ducklings :( :lol: I am still not sure about the skirt issue though, they just look like very fluffy bunny bums :D :D I think Caz's lady has a skirt :? I wonder if it is just the girlies that decide they want to look femine :D

Jay, had a look at the Peggy Henderson site but no piccies :( I am not sure if I am too far away for a home check :?:

Denny, its not just girls who get skirts. Well depends Coco can be a bit of a girl at times shhhhhh don't tell him i said that :shock:
He's a french lop cross and he hasn't lost or gained weight recently but he does have a rather bad 'skirt' it doesn't seem to cause him any problems and the only problem I have with it, is when it comes to grooming I have to remember to pull his skin up his back otherwise I miss a chuck of fur to be groomed. Coco looks like he should be a proper French lop but his body stopped growing before his skin did. Would get some piccies for you but we had a panic recently and I thought he had a bladder infection and went and chopped all his fur off around there and now he's too :oops: to let me take a piccie!

Angela

Thumps said:
Denny, its not just girls who get skirts. Well depends Coco can be a bit of a girl at times shhhhhh don't tell him i said that :shock:
He's a french lop cross and he hasn't lost or gained weight recently but he does have a rather bad 'skirt' it doesn't seem to cause him any problems and the only problem I have with it, is when it comes to grooming I have to remember to pull his skin up his back otherwise I miss a chuck of fur to be groomed. Coco looks like he should be a proper French lop but his body stopped growing before his skin did. Would get some piccies for you but we had a panic recently and I thought he had a bladder infection and went and chopped all his fur off around there and now he's too :oops: to let me take a piccie!

Angela

Oohh a bare behind bun , must be chilly for him at the moment, I can imagine that he would be embarassed at have a photo shoot :lol: :lol: Hope he gets his coat back soon. :)

So skirts are not confined to girls :? and as Jay put it, the boys wear kilts :lol: :lol: its certainly been interesting reading :D I wonder how many others on here are now checking to see if their bun has a skirt or kilts :lol:

Back