• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what do you think about this hutch

Looks good to me, presumably your going to attach a run to it? So you might want to think about how they'll fit together.

With four though I'd be tempted to skip a hutch and go for a shed. A 6x4 wouldn't give you much extra floor area but on one level so they can hop more plus yyou have space for shelves.

I agree with Tamsin. I don't like hutches as permanent housing for rabbits.
Especially with 4 you'd be much better off finding yourself a shed :)
To add: I have a 5ft hutch for my Fosters and I think it's the same company. They are such poor quality and SO flimsy. Shed all the way ;) (Plus they're cheaper ;))

Agree totally, a shed would be better and cheaper. That hutch is mostly plywood which won't last very long unless it's very well looked after.

I'd go for a Ryedale or similar rather than that - it might be false economy otherwise.

Looks good to me, presumably your going to attach a run to it? So you might want to think about how they'll fit together.

With four though I'd be tempted to skip a hutch and go for a shed. A 6x4 wouldn't give you much extra floor area but on one level so they can hop more plus yyou have space for shelves.

I agree, I put 4 of mine in a 6x2x2 hutch with a 6x4 run and I took them straight out of it because they were too cramped up.

Back