• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you pay for hay per kg?

Wow, hayforpets wants an EXTRA £19.50 delivery, on top of £16.00 for a bale of hay. Absolutely scandelous. Certainly won't be recommending them to anyone ever. I've ordered 10kg of hay from Burns before, along with dog food (15kg) and cat food (7.5kg) at the same time and pay no more than £4 delivery. Talk about H4P cashing in :shock::shock::shock:

But, as it happens, someone heard me ranting on Facebook about hay, and has offered to give me a bale. He travels 90 miles to the nearest hay farm to get it for his pigs. I don't know what size it is, but he says its £5 a bale and it will last me ages. :thumb:

Wow, hayforpets wants an EXTRA £19.50 delivery, on top of £16.00 for a bale of hay. Absolutely scandelous. Certainly won't be recommending them to anyone ever. I've ordered 10kg of hay from Burns before, along with dog food (15kg) and cat food (7.5kg) at the same time and pay no more than £4 delivery. Talk about H4P cashing in :shock::shock::shock:

:shock::shock::shock: dear lord :shock::shock: that's crazy! :shock:

Glad you've found someone to help! :love:

I doubt H4P are adding any extra profit onto your order, it will just be the cost with the courier company they use. I just checked Parcel2Go and they want £20 for a 10kg parcel to Highlands :? H4P use Despatch Bay now but their prices aren't public.

I buy by the bale for about £6 but also use some Kimberley Hay at about £6 per bag for 2.5kg. It's not cheap but it's the best I've used.

I doubt H4P are adding any extra profit onto your order, it will just be the cost with the courier company they use. I just checked Parcel2Go and they want £20 for a 10kg parcel to Highlands :? H4P use Despatch Bay now but their prices aren't public.

Trust me, it doesn't cost that much to the Highlands, its purely profit with the majority of companies. I spoke with H4P and apparently the £19.50 includes the delivery, so I got it wrong. Still I have hay now.

If you are a small business you have to use a service like Parcel2Go, and it does cost that much :?

http://www.parcel2go.com/quote-page.aspx?dest=469&col=214&p=^9.5|75|50|40

This is true, my oh is a small business and we don't charge more for highlands. But the courier companies often do and we often end up making very very little if our customers are from there as we lose so much in postage :( we feel this is better than making our customers feel as you do. But it is very annoying!!!

If they use a courier company then it will cost them more and if they want to make a profit then it gets passed onto you. Don't blame h4p blame yodel and the like!!!

Hi :wave:
Not sure how much weight I get, but I pay £1.00 for a bag, the bags you use for sacks of potatoes. It's from a local farmer, the buns love it :)

Back