• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you do with bunny poo?

I have filled out compost and its not rotting down very quickly :( think I might try freecycle as its just going in the bin at the moment

If your compost is taking a while to rot down then the mix isn't right. You need to add a good mix of greens and browns. Of you could try a compost activator. Wee is good as well!!!!!:lol:

My brother told me wee is good and speeding up your compost and I didn't believe him!!!!

Oh well, it looks like my neighbours will catch me squating over my recycle bin then........

.......only joking!! :D

Kerina

You could advertise it on free cycle :)

I was wondering the other day if it's okay to put poop straight on the garden or you have to compost first? We've got some patches without much in the way of plants (e.g. under our conifers) that wouldn't hurt to have a bit of fertilizer added.

If you just have poop - put it in a watering can and add water to it - leave a day or two to dissolve and use as a liquid feed all around the garden. I usually put mine into the 'green' bin but often my dad asks me to keep it for him for his allotment composter.

Hay takes forever to rot down :( Ours just goes in with the rubbish sadly as the 3 giant compost bins get filled up rather quickly, although we kind of compensate for it by having hardly any actual *household* waste as we recycle almost everything! :)

I didnt know you could put rabbit waste in the garden recycling bin. Do you have to ask permission or just put it in? Mine currently goes in the normal waste bin:?

I was wondering too :shock:; compost is all vegetable material - so hopefully, the rats won't be interested :?

the rats actually moved into our compost bin and lived there, making nests and having babies!! it was a plastic composter and they burrowed underneath!!

Back