• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What could you do this year to promote /help rabbit welfare?

As it's Wabbit Wednesday, I thought I'd add that by simply showing people the list of requirements for looking after Lopsy just for a weekend I have re-educated a number of people :) I am very lucky to have animal-savvy people to help me with him!

In case you wanted to know, it's 3 sides of A4, one of which is a list of safe foods :) Even the OH's list for two nights' worth was two whole sides, but that's because he needs everything writing down bit-by-bit because he's very unsure of himself :)

Well so far I've educated my sister in law about her rabbit, who has been eating muesli, no hay and very little veg his whole life. He's understandably a little tubber and thank goodness he gets lots of exercise or he'd be a beach ball! He's now on a much healthier diet of science select pellets and lots of timothy hay! Also encouraged her to get him a friend.

I'd also like to volunteer at my local rescue, just trying to work out when and for how long with everything else going on in life, but I am determined to try and offer my services regularly this year to alleviate some of their workload.

We can all make a help make a difference, be it small or large...............it is all worth it!!! Some great ideas off you folks......brilliant!!!

For me, more and more people are giving me items which will be used to help PaP.

After reading Halfpenny's thread posted earlier this eve ( and all the other Rescues posts ) about lack of rehoming spaces.. I'm going to UP my ongoing bargaining fight ( uhem.. discussions ) with my local council to allow me to have animals on the 1/2 acre of long-term freehold land that i currently 'rent to buy', but my contract currently states.. "No animals to be kept on the site" X

Last edited:
I hope that seeing my free rangers Joe & Boo all loved up & up to mischief inspires & educates visitors to our house as does my tales of rabbit savvy (& not) vets

I'm a pain in the :censored: at PAH - esp when I see rescue buns in tiny glass cages. I have lately started calling vets to ask what qualifies them to treat my rabbit & raise awareness of FHB's Rabbit CPD.

I am recently-ish self employed (very well received by the customers I do reach but not reaching many as yet) more money going out of house than coming in. Last year I contacted Camp Nibble to see if they could make use of donations of my products. For a few months I sent them parcels & then they proposed they make it a two way benefit thing by promoting me on their website & having an arrangement where people who found out about my company through Camp Nibble get something donated every time they order (what's donated is proportionate to what's spent, in real value its at least 10%, retail price obviously more) Camp Nibble get a list of who donates what & the customer gets a note with their order saying what they've donated. My products are apparently a godsend not only in raising a bit of cash for the buns but just as importantly to have something to draw people to their stall on rabbit awareness events. I did have concerns they were just being kind but when i wanted to sponsor little Quincy:love: they asked that I sponsor him in soap not cash.

I use my business facebook page to talk & post about rabbits more than my products !! To be honest the buns get a lot more likes. Giveaways on facebook are more often than not rabbit awareness themed, some more subtle than others & winners are always picked by Video of Boo & Joey doing the prize drawer . My regular (non bunny loving) customers must think I'm insane :lol:

Excellent ideas and actions....:thumb: Let's keep doing the good work!!!!

For me, this weekend I am running a stall (details in the fundraising section), to raise funds for Windwhistle Warren rescue...and talk to people about bunnies and guinea pigs ........share ideas...and hopefully do some good in one way or another.

Back