• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What can I do?

lauralittleninja

Warren Scout
OH did a job today and text me to say there was a lovely lionhead bunny at the customers house. He said it was in a hutch that was falling apart (the customers child actually even said the hutch had been repaired because it had collapsed on the bunny a few weeks ago). He also daid there was no bedding in the hutch not even 1 strand of straw, no hay , no pellets , just a bit of muesli. The bunny had poo and lumps of pooey carrot stuck all over its rear end and there was not one normal poo in site. Im really upset by this clear mistreatment of an animal and we wondered if we called rspca would they do anything?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yes call the RSPCA, if the rabbit is in a filthy state with poo messed everywhere they might be able to help

Good luck with this! You could try another Thread with more info in the title as there is good advice on the Forum.

Thanku . I called the rspca and they are going to send an inspector round to check. Iv asked them to update me . I didnt know wot else I could do . My oh suggested getting up in the middle of the night and bunny napping the poor thing but I thought perhaps we had better not !

You have done the right thing :thumb:

The only alternative would have been to offer to take the poor little thing home but they may have been offended :roll: xxx

I called the rspca and asked them to phone me with an update but I still havent heard anything :( I keep thinking about the poor bunny .

Why don't you get your other half to go back talk to them about your rabbits and offer some practical ways they can help improve there rabbits life experience ? Gently gently with respect,most people would be thankful for a spot of friendly rabbit wisdom

Don't expect anyone else to take responsibility for something you could fix (0;

Why don't you get your other half to go back talk to them about your rabbits and offer some practical ways they can help improve there rabbits life experience ? Gently gently with respect,most people would be thankful for a spot of friendly rabbit wisdom

Don't expect anyone else to take responsibility for something you could fix (0;

To be honest he did have a bit of a conversation about what we do with our bunnies etc but its quite difficult when hes employed to do a job at the customers house. I thought calling the rspca was the best idea seeing as they rescue animals in need all the time .

Meant to add aswell that I have still not recieved any kind of update but I will post on here as soon as I have .

:shock: youve still not heard anything? Its been over a month. I guess youve got a case reference number so your complaint should be recorded...Id demand to speak to a manager or someone - tthats terrrible. Once I called the rspca about a load of rabbits all with filthy water, small housing and some ill - they asked I go back a few days later to check again and I reported the conditions were the same..and within 1 day an inspector got sent round and within 1-2 weeks they had all been given a large stable to share and housed as a group, sick tened too etc. the RSPCA intervention worked.

I wonder if the rspca took photos in your case too. They asked me to take some myself in my case and then they knew they had a record.

i hope this bunny survives...sounds aweful.

Back