• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What are your rabbits om nom nomming?

I've done it but just wanted to say muesli type food is not inherently "very bad". When fed the right amount rabbits should eat the whole lot so selective feeding shouldn't be a problem.
There was no option to say "I am aware of the pitfalls of muesli type food but do not believe it is bad" :)

I've done it but just wanted to say muesli type food is not inherently "very bad". When fed the right amount rabbits should eat the whole lot so selective feeding shouldn't be a problem.
There was no option to say "I am aware of the pitfalls of muesli type food but do not believe it is bad" :)

I don't disagree! However not many people will be aware of this or even really care all that much/ not even have considered it, this forum is naturally full of people who love and understand what their rabbits' need, (it's not representative of all bunny-owners unfortunately :( ) yet according to the PDSA survey recently, over 41% of the UKs 1,699,000 pet rabbits are not eating correctly so something somewhere isn't hitting home, whether it be the amount of high-fibre foods (which the stat relates to) or nutritionally balanced pellets etc.

It's like everything in life- as long as it is done properly you're ok.

In general the options this VERY rough survey offers are just the bare minimum basics as a guideline insight to the general use of foods and which brands etc.

if done on a much larger scale other info such as age of bunny, how long you've kept them, your considered level of experience and whole entire range of foods with more open ended answers would be used.

Most bunny owners aren't clued up- you wonderful peeps are! So these results will be used as a general feel for how owners (experienced and not) use common sense more than anything to feed their bunnies :)

And thank you for doing it!

Fanks to all of you, very much. I have 300 answers now HUZZAH.

Best get my calculator out...:rabbit2:

Last edited:
Back