• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

weight of my buns??!

XcrystalX

Warren Scout
:):wave::wave::wave:hello, i have 2 buns, zoe is a dutch X nethie dwarf and crystal is pedigree nethie (in the pic) what weight should they both be, crystal is quite thin (leen), but zoe is quite fat! but i feed them the same things, my mum keeeps saying zoe's fat and laughs (not meanly) but i keep saying it's partly because the dutch in her, am i right?? thanks x:(

There is no way we can tell you what weight they should be. There will be a showable weight for the nethie, but the majority of nethies are BUDs or BUBs so are bigger than that by nature and bone shape so they shouldn't ever try and get to show weight.

Judge by how each rabbit feels and looks, such as their spine and how much you can feel it, if it protrudes, etc.

Being a dutch wouldn't make a rabbit fat, the only ones bred to be fat are those for meat.

If you think your bunny is fat then please take measures to cut down on her intake (but still keep unlimited hay) and up her exercise because being overweight can be a killer.

Perhaps you could take your rabbits to the vet/vet nurse and get them weighed and preferably health checked, to see if they are within a normal weight range and there is no medical reason for the thin one being thin or the plumper one being plump?

sue:wave:

You need to reduce pellet and veg intake and give her more exercise. How much pellets and veg is given a day? Is she a good hay eater?

Back