• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We Had a Visitor in the Garden Today

How exotic. This is the only bird that hangs round my garden and eyes the bunnies up from the tree.

crow.jpg

Gorgeous! :love: Almost makes me want to live in London ... but I couldn't cope with the tea. Like my Scottish water too much.

aaaw I had a parakeet like that - I handreared, her name was Rudi..:love:.she was the most gorgeous birdie ever - she used to do mating dances for me & always snuggled into my neck, she always shouted at anyone that interferred with her if she had had enough & would bite people except for me!
I cry every now & then about her - she is sorely missed....

RIP my beautiful Rudi...I miss you ever so much....and Im sorry I wasnt there at the end - I will never forgive myself....but am glad my mum held you so you were'nt alone...

sorry all sad now and its a lovely thread...:oops:

I remember the first time I saw one, I came home and told Andy I had seen a parakeet. Cheeky monkey said "are you sure it wasn't a pigeon". :roll:

:oops: I found out about them when I confidently told Gisela (bavarian bunny) that the "parakeet" she saw must have been a goldfinch as we don't have parakeets here :oops::oops:

:love:

Lovely parakeet Jane! :D

I would like to apologise on behalf of my father who accidentally let his breeding pair escape back in the 1950's in East London :shock: :lol::lol:

They are but dont they shout !!! :shock:

god they do, there are a down side to them, i used to havea few in my garden while i was living up there, they are very greedy birds, had to fill my seed bags everyday when they were around and do steal the nests of native birds as they nest earlier

thats why a culling programme was put in whether they acted on it though i dont know

Such a wonderful thing to have wild birds visiting.

It is an Indian Ringneck isn't it?

vist:shock: they live in west london:lol:, one of the famous studios released 400 of them after making a film in the 60's or 70's and have adapted extremly well

There was a huge group of them near to where I used to live in Norfolk. They used to congregate in one particular tree in a park near our house and my word weren't they loud! Lovely to see though!

:oops: I found out about them when I confidently told Gisela (bavarian bunny) that the "parakeet" she saw must have been a goldfinch as we don't have parakeets here :oops::oops:

I wish they were goldfinches! :lol: I sometimes have to close the window when the gang of 15 to 20 parrakeets start having one of their arguments. They've been here all morning.

I wish they were goldfinches! :lol: I sometimes have to close the window when the gang of 15 to 20 parrakeets start having one of their arguments. They've been here all morning.

:lol: bless you!
I wish they were near me - adore them & their naughtiness!:D

We get loads in Madrid too :) I only ever saw them in London driving round the bottom of the M25, we never had them in the garden...
there was a popular rumor that some of the first released in London were Jimi Hendrix's pets, but I think that's not true - nice story though :D

Back