• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We are now the proud owners of a German lop/ pics p 10/ blood results p28

I'm glad Leo's ok and hopefully you don't have to wait long for Flora's results either. x

They are both gorgeous! :love: I always love a REW regardless of size / ear-type, and Leo is a handsome gentlebun. :love: Are they friendly to humans and good eaters?

Meant to post to this days ago but the time got away from me. They are so lovely, I especially adore Leo's face as he reminds me of my cheeky Pip. :)
It is sad to hear that when people leave country they cannot take their beloved pets. I realize Australia wants no rabbits due to their population problems with them, and of course such a long journey would be too hard on the bunnies...but it's still a shame. :(
Both such lovely bunnies. :love: They've landed on their feet at Rainbow Rabbits. :) xxxx

We have had Flora's blood results back. The only thing to show up was low urea so we need to get a urine sample but it is unlikely to be anything to worry about. The vet is concerned about her weight loss and the shape of her spine. There is a high possibility that she has spondylosis of the spine and much of her weight loss is muscle wastage We don't want to rush in to xrays just yet so the plan is to get her on metacam, a course of panacur and monitor her weight. If he weight continues to fall or her overall condition doesn't improve then we need to xray her spine and abdomen. The fact that Leo humps her and bites her back isn't helping if she does have spondylosis :(

Hoping the metacam help Flora, bless her. :love: It's good that she is interested in her food. I'm not quite sure what spondylosis actually means, does it mean extra bone or that the bone is weak and becomes misshapen?

Back