• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Water bowl ideas

Scewae

New Kit
I have tried the metal screw on water bowls that have another bowl that sits inside it. It’s tight fitting but my young Frenchie doe picks it out and throws it around resulting in water everywhere. The heavy porcelain bowls aren’t any better as she digs at them. I’ve had to resort to a water bottle.

I have tried the metal screw on water bowls that have another bowl that sits inside it. It’s tight fitting but my young Frenchie doe picks it out and throws it around resulting in water everywhere. The heavy porcelain bowls aren’t any better as she digs at them. I’ve had to resort to a water bottle.

I had a similar problem. I found the solution like this. I bought him a very heavy earthen bowl. I am from Cappadocia. Earthen products are very fashionable in my hometown. Now he can't topple the bowl even if he pushes it. I am attaching the picture to show the earthen bowl at home.

https://imguh.com/image/rlf3y
https://imguh.com/image/rl0wQ

Have a look at ceramic spaniel bowls, they are narrower at the top than the bottom by quite a bit so can't tip and wouldn't be so easy to dig in.

You can find it by typing Turkish clay bowl on the internet. But when I browse I see these are thin casserole bowls. That's why those bowls are useless.

There are also non-spill pet bowls. You can also check out these bowls.

I agree, large earthenware dog bowls work well for water, I’ve also used ceramic straight sided oven dishes too.

Thank you everyone, I’ll get an earthen bowl.

Pay attention to the weight when buying a earthen bowl. Some can be thin and light. It is important that the earthen bowl is heavy. :)
If you lived in Turkey I would give you a earthen bowl. There are too many in my hometown (Cappadocia), I have too many, my house is full of earthen bowl. :lol:

Back