• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Video: How to give rabbits medicine by Doughnut

Could Doughnut teach Bojangles how to be a good girl when it comes to taking medicine? Bojangles hates it whenever she has to take medicine. She has to take eye drops and ointment every night and she fights me every single night.

Could Doughnut teach Bojangles how to be a good girl when it comes to taking medicine? Bojangles hates it whenever she has to take medicine. She has to take eye drops and ointment every night and she fights me every single night.

I don't think Doughnut would be good either taking eye drops and ointment. She's happy to take anything to eat or drink but think she would be the same as Bojangles. Poor little Bojangles and poor you having to do it. I would have real trouble I think as Doughnut doesn't like being picked up!

I don't think Doughnut would be good either taking eye drops and ointment. She's happy to take anything to eat or drink but think she would be the same as Bojangles. Poor little Bojangles and poor you having to do it. I would have real trouble I think as Doughnut doesn't like being picked up!

Bojangles resigns to me picking her up. I think if she knows the reason why she is being picked up, cuddling or playing, she is fine. If it is for medicine, she runs. She was born with some eye thing, she had surgery once on it and will have to have it again someday. The drops and ointment will help put it off for a while. Sometimes she will lay on my lap and just let me do it, other nights, like last night, it is a fight. I don't want her to go blind or lose that eye so it is necessary.

Isnt she just the cutest little thing! :love::love::love:

I'm giving baytril to 2 of my buns at the mo and spend the evening trying to devise ways to catch them as they are off like a shot when they see me coming! :lol:

So glad that Doughnut is feeling much better xxxxx

haha she is but she is full of mischief now she is feeling better!

Can't you try a bit of weetabix. I used to crumble a tiny bit up and squirt the medicine on it, Doughnut loved it. She didn't like Bayril either so the weetabix was the trick for me.

Back