• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Binx he's in the vets U/D everything is Oki, minor fracture in back leg

Hi all :wave:
thank you so much for all your vibes, I've been in uni all day and I had 2 voicemails on my phone and 1 was from the vet who saw him yesterday and she said he had slightly fractured his leg so they took him into surgery but he was perky and eating fine and i had nothing to worry about and then the next voicemail was from the surgeon saying all had gone well with him they've put a pin in his back leg but because he's so young it will heal quickly so I rang back and spoke to him, but obviously i was concerned about the cost of it because student loan isn't fantastic and he explained that it was unintentional completely and these things are common and because it happened in the surgery they weren't going to charge me for the surgery.

I'm so relieved about the whole ordeal! I just hope Binx doesn't hate me for putting him through all this, the only reason it happened it because I haven't picked him up and obviously he didn't have a clue what was happening, I need help in picking him up cause when I try he freaks out and then I panic cause I think I'm going to hurt him :(

So glad he is sorted now. You might want to consider insurance vs putting money in a savings account for any future vet fees.

When you go to collect him from the vets, perhaps you could ask them to show you how to confidently pick up a rabbit, and get you to practise a little before you left. Especially now he has a sore leg, you might feel even more worried, but now it has been pinned, it will be stronger than the original bone, so don't worry about the break.
Hopefully if you handle him a little more day by day, he will get used to the idea, and not be so difficult.

So glad all has turned out well. :D

Back