• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet day!!

Really? I got it admit i did laugh, he did it 3 times in a row and i thought it was a bit dramatic. He won't come out of his cage, so I'm just going to leave him too it bless him

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
Yea it's a happy bunny flop, he probably went to his cage as that's his base and his home where he feels safe - my indoor ones have a cage too and it's always open, but often they'll be flopped in the hay in there munching because it's their space :)

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Yea it's a happy bunny flop, he probably went to his cage as that's his base and his home where he feels safe - my indoor ones have a cage too and it's always open, but often they'll be flopped in the hay in there munching because it's their space :)

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
He's been in his cage since he's got back from the vets at 1pm, after his injection! He's out now but still in a mood with me [emoji23] he's doing all he can to avoid me but he's with my husband now. I don't think he liked his trip to the vets haha. I'm sure he will forgive me later x

He's been in his cage since he's got back from the vets at 1pm, after his injection! He's out now but still in a mood with me [emoji23] he's doing all he can to avoid me but he's with my husband now. I don't think he liked his trip to the vets haha. I'm sure he will forgive me later x

I’m sure he will have forgotten all about it by pellet o’clock :lol: is he eating ok?

Sorry - just catching up with the threads. Ah yes, Coco flopping. Yes, as previous threads indicate, it is known as a DBF. As the name suggests, it's quite reminiscant and rabbits devised this tactic to scare the living begeeezers out of us hoomans by pretending they've just collapsed. It is perhaps worth mentioning that it's important to monitor all other signs of your bunny when performing this act - ie still breathing (chest going up and down) etc. No visible signs of injury etc.
If there's nothing of the above, then you have a DBF - which in bunny world, is utter contentment and happyness. The reasoning is, that rabbits don't naturally show their tummies - it's ultimately their vulnerable area so to expose this is a sign they are comfortable and trust you. It's scary the first few times, then you get used to it and it's kind of sweet.
Rabbits have a range of emotions - but because they are non vocal, it can be tricky to pick up on them. It's a learning curve. Coco (along with probably every other rabbit in the world) will hate vets visits - they just know. And so, on return, they'll be sulky. You've taken him somewhere against his will and for that there's a price to pay. If Coco sits with his back to you, you've upset him. He will still be looking at you even though he is facing the other way. But for now, you are the lowest of the low. Flicking his feet at you is another way to demsontrate his displeasure. BUT - and this is the best bit, they usually don't sulk long and generally speaking, food (treats) will bring them out of the sulk. You just have to know that in Coco's world, he's top dog and you're not. You're there to serve him.
I'm pleased he's now eating again - he'll likely be fine by the morning and every day he's with you he's growing in confidence and trust.

Sorry - just catching up with the threads. Ah yes, Coco flopping. Yes, as previous threads indicate, it is known as a DBF. As the name suggests, it's quite reminiscant and rabbits devised this tactic to scare the living begeeezers out of us hoomans by pretending they've just collapsed. It is perhaps worth mentioning that it's important to monitor all other signs of your bunny when performing this act - ie still breathing (chest going up and down) etc. No visible signs of injury etc.
If there's nothing of the above, then you have a DBF - which in bunny world, is utter contentment and happyness. The reasoning is, that rabbits don't naturally show their tummies - it's ultimately their vulnerable area so to expose this is a sign they are comfortable and trust you. It's scary the first few times, then you get used to it and it's kind of sweet.
Rabbits have a range of emotions - but because they are non vocal, it can be tricky to pick up on them. It's a learning curve. Coco (along with probably every other rabbit in the world) will hate vets visits - they just know. And so, on return, they'll be sulky. You've taken him somewhere against his will and for that there's a price to pay. If Coco sits with his back to you, you've upset him. He will still be looking at you even though he is facing the other way. But for now, you are the lowest of the low. Flicking his feet at you is another way to demsontrate his displeasure. BUT - and this is the best bit, they usually don't sulk long and generally speaking, food (treats) will bring them out of the sulk. You just have to know that in Coco's world, he's top dog and you're not. You're there to serve him.
I'm pleased he's now eating again - he'll likely be fine by the morning and every day he's with you he's growing in confidence and trust.
I feel like I'm in the dog house, haha he's fine now... Slowly starting to like me again [emoji23][emoji23] still a long way to go though haha. I was giving him a cuddle & he was grinding his teeth (i think) so i just left him alone.. oops!

he may also be a bit tired from the stress of today. some bunnies are a bit quiet for the rest of the day after vaccinations, my Luna is :) its similar to us getting vaccinations..we can feel a bit sleepy after. either due to the anxiety or the vaccine itself. just make sure he is eating, but I am sure he will be fine :)

make sure to offer plenty of sorry gifts, however mine turned his nose up at them! he was a right mare, I have one easy going girl, and one sassy little boy.

he may also be a bit tired from the stress of today. some bunnies are a bit quiet for the rest of the day after vaccinations, my Luna is :) its similar to us getting vaccinations..we can feel a bit sleepy after. either due to the anxiety or the vaccine itself. just make sure he is eating, but I am sure he will be fine :)

make sure to offer plenty of sorry gifts, however mine turned his nose up at them! he was a right mare, I have one easy going girl, and one sassy little boy.
I've tried with the bribing gifts [emoji23][emoji23] he's fine, he is literally just a bit upset/moody that i took him for his jabs I'm sure he will get over it, i find it adorable and funny lol rabbits aye! Haha he's back to running circles around my head [emoji849]

Ah - grinding teeth. That's a tricky one. This goes two ways. A contented rabbit will, if you listen carefully as you are stroking it, will slowly grind their teeth. It's very subtle and gentle and in rabbit speak, it means "mmmmmmmmm I'm loving that".
But, th eflip side of that it can mean they are in pain - as we hoomans do too. Guinea pigs chatter their teeth in a warning (usually a final one) if they feel threatened or worried and it's a sign to back off. Rabbits can grind their teeth as a last resort as a warning but it's really down to what the situation is. If Coco is relaxed and looking chilled, then he has no reason to be fearful so grinding his teeth may be just him feeling contented. As BinkyCodie says above, Coco is also probably feeling quite stressed so yes, plenty of attention but also give him his space. When he's ready to 'forgive you', you'll know. Get treats ready.

Ah - grinding teeth. That's a tricky one. This goes two ways. A contented rabbit will, if you listen carefully as you are stroking it, will slowly grind their teeth. It's very subtle and gentle and in rabbit speak, it means "mmmmmmmmm I'm loving that".
But, th eflip side of that it can mean they are in pain - as we hoomans do too. Guinea pigs chatter their teeth in a warning (usually a final one) if they feel threatened or worried and it's a sign to back off. Rabbits can grind their teeth as a last resort as a warning but it's really down to what the situation is. If Coco is relaxed and looking chilled, then he has no reason to be fearful so grinding his teeth may be just him feeling contented. As BinkyCodie says above, Coco is also probably feeling quite stressed so yes, plenty of attention but also give him his space. When he's ready to 'forgive you', you'll know. Get treats ready.
It was only quick when i was stroking his head. He doesn't do it otherwise! I'm letting him come to me when he's ready i wouldn't ever force him [emoji16] I've given him space and it seems to have done the trick! X

He's running circles round me now, so I'm all forgiven!! Yaaay!! Back to his normal self!

Yup - you're forgiven hooman. And if he was grinding his teeth whilst stroking his head, that means "keep doing it hooman". Don't stop or you'll offend him. He'll let you know when you have to stop.

Coco has been back to his normal usual self since the vets.
I think we were about to have a special moment, he was about to do the flopping (on the back of the sofa beside my head!) And he must have forgotten he wasn't against the wall and he fell off onto the window sill [emoji21] its fine he's okay just wasn't expecting it! I'm guessing he wont be doing that anytime soon!

Back