• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet Care Etiquette

That is my intention happy hopping however I have tried this before to no avail. The manager of the practice gave me 15% discount before but she is the only one who is authorised to do so and she isn't particularly rabbit savvy.

Anyway appointment made for Thursday with old vet Justine. Will keep you posted.

Thanks all

i use two vets my vets in slough are find for vaccs, neuters and standered stuff and we used to have a rabbit savvy vet (well 2) but they are no longer there another vet there is kind and willing to learn but if i had a major problem i would see jason in gloucester, he already does my vhd vaccs as my current vets no longer allow me to have lapinject so i see jason when im in gloucester my vets are aware of this and do write on their notes that vaccinations have been given eetc so that notes are up to date,

I did this at the beginning, but when my buns developed ongoing health problems, I switched them over to have their vaccinations at their regular vets. I'd not want to go down this road again, whatever the convenience, as the health check is important, so you want a trusted vet to do it, in my view.

Our vets wouldn't do this. Proper vets would ask the original vet for the animal's history and if owners dot between to two, our vets would see it as unethical- technically I don't think they are allowed to treat animals registered with another vet unless it is an emergency.
Our vets will contact the priginal vet , if for example the owner is on hloiday to make sure it is OK and will inform the original vet if they treat and animal during an emergency.

Our vets are the same. I don't see how continuity of care can be properly carried out if two different vets are used.

i personally would want to stick with one vet who knows my pets inside out rather than chop and change between different practices. i like have thier notes all together in one place. :D my vets are pretty expensive but i think well worth the cash now they have such a great bunny vet :love::love::love:

Well time will tell if original vets are worth the extra cash. I have only really had one major complication (besides regualr bloat/stasis) which was with Fia and although they did their best she still died so I can't say they're amazing. Rabbit savvy vets are rare in the South West (Plymouth area) and Nicola3 and I have struggled to find someone who knows what they're doing and when we do they leave :( :roll:

Hey ho fingers crossed for Thursday and I will make a decision re: which vets to keep treating Alice and where the remainder of my buns will stay.

Thanks

Back