• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very sad news for Grimlock and Samus

My thoughts are with you, doing the right thing is so hard, but trust in yourself, you love these buns and will know the right thing to do if or when the time comes.
Sending vibes for a miracle recovery xxx

You have fought so hard for both of them and it is a massive testament to your dedication that they have had the length and quality of life they have. I hope you all have a great few weeks together making happy memories.

:cry:

I'm so sorry Jen :( I hope that Grim and Smoo are coping ok and aren't in any discomfort. Gentle hugs. Xxx

I am very sorry, I now how much you have done for them and how much you love them. I hope their last days are peaceful and happy. Sending you lots of hugs xx

Very sad :( You'll be doing the right thing by them though, and they'd appreciate that if they could. I hope everything goes as smoothly and with as little pain for you as possible :(

I cannot possible express how gutted I am for you to read this news, Jenova. :cry:
I absolutely love Grim and Smoo and they are not even my bunnies. :cry:

The scope of your selflessness cannot be overstated. It would be so easy to say, No, I can't do this, but you have obviously thought it through thoroughly. I am also praying for that miracle that would heal them both. I know that sometimes God says no. But it won't stop me trying.

They have had the most wonderful life being in your care. There are few who would dedicate themselves to bunnies that have such extensive illness. But your love is evident and beautiful to see. Bless you.

Gentle noserubs to Grim and Smoo. I will not be able to stop thinking of them. Sending all the best and brightest vibes for this next fortnight. Or for however long they remain with you. ((((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))))))) xxxx

Gutted absolutely gutted :(

Have watched Grimlock's video a couple of times and one of my rabbits used to do exactly the same thing.
Sending lots of vibes for Grimlock and Samus and for you.

Thank you. I'm a bit overwhelmed by the responses. I didn't really want to make a post because it's a bit painful to put it in writing, but I know there are a lot of people who I feel should know, who have come to know them over the years of me being here.

I just doesn't feel right because Smoo is just acting so normally. Yes, she's on a lot of pain relief, she's a bit uncomfortable but she's still interested in everything, running for cuddles, eating everything in sight. It's just once you turn her over you see this massive wound. :?

I'm watching them both a lot more closely this week and next to see how they're really acting, to see what Smoo's hiding, how she really is and also to see how much Grim depends on her, whetehr he would be okay on his own if need be. Very hard.

(((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))

I know what ever decision you make, it will be the right one.

I don't know whether this will help...my Schumi died naturally, but by the time he went, he was barely eating and very, very frail, constant mucky bum so constant cleaning (he was a gummy bunny, ate no hay). My Mum says he had lost his zest for life. She clung on because she didn't want to let him go. She now regrets not having him PTS, as cruel as it felt at the time, she thinks now it would have been more humane to not let him suffer.

I know Jane was really articulate about her similar situation with Tess and Stanley, maybe have a little look for her threads, they might give you some insight and help.

Remember, you have given them both the best life and care you could, and they love you for it.

xxx

:cry: They're such lovely bunnies Jen and when the time comes they will thank you for doing what is right for them. R and I send lots and lots of hugs.

I'm so sorry Jenova :cry: I know I would've never ever been able to make the decision with Mischa and my heart goes out to everyone in that situation. Thinking of the three of you. Xx

Back